Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

Power Supplu Crapped Out!

My power supply crapped out on me again after setting the voltage to 1.56Vcore. Now I have to buy a whole new freaking power supply again. Here is my choices on what I want and only want:

http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/product_...30_PMSR_ATX_PSU

or

http://www.microcenter.com/byos/byos_singl...oduct_id=244283

Tell me which one you think would be more stable and better to get cause everytime I set the voltage to 1.56V on these crappy PSU's all I get is an in-rush current and it burns up my +12V ATX Connector :angry2:

You burned out a GXS 700w by setting it to 1.56v????? First off you should be able to RMA the psu and second off unless it was just a faulty psu Id look at other culprits such as the mobo. Ive had over 1.7vcore w/ my GXS 700w and had zero issues.

You burned out a GXS 700w by setting it to 1.56v????? First off you should be able to RMA the psu and second off unless it was just a faulty psu Id look at other culprits such as the mobo. Ive had over 1.7vcore w/ my GXS 700w and had zero issues.

I am not talking about the PSU on my C2D RIG, I am talking about the crappy Rosewill PSU on my budget RIG.

The first link doesn't work for me, but the second one is built by Wintech, which means it is either

a) Comparable to most Antecs, FSP, Sunbeam

b) Around the same level as your blown rosewill and asspires - so yongyear/ powermax quality

I am guessing the XVS belongs in the a) catagory :) as the only Ultras I know of that fall in B are thost crap'tacular POS (some times free with rebate) V-series. What is the first power supply you linked to?