Lian Li power supplies.

I was wondering if anyone has any of thier power supplies, and if they are any good??

I might buy one with my case if i hear some good storys :)

I had no idea Lian-Li made psus so seeing this got me curious and I looked em up. Specs look decent and Ive never seen a tri-rail psu before and Ive also never seen a multiple rail psu with varying amperage over the rails. The only downsides I see are passive PFC and 2.5a +5vsb.

They look like rebadged top power aka tagan, modstream, spire rocketeer and so on, but thats just a guess... they have had them out for a long time now, but no body has really taken notice of them.

They're not mainstream with their PSUs, like their cases that's for sure.

For now you're better off sticking to something more mainstream proven.

Antec

Corsair

PCP&C

Seasonic

OCZ

Silverstone

etc. etc. etc. The bigger names in PSUs, and some others I didn't mention. :D

Edited by DasFox

Antec proven? Maybe in the past, but recently thier power supplies have been littered with fuhjyyu capacitor... ( which have been lovingly named f-you caps)

I would say PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic and OCZ

On the topic of making lists... I would trust Seasonic, PCP and C, Enhance, Etasis, Zippy, SevenTeam, Andyson ... yeah big list =|

edit:

Fortron: 0.7%

Hiper: 1.2%

Seasonic: 1.4%

Thermaltake: 1.6%

Tagan: 2.8%

Enermax: 3.0%

Antec: 9.5%

PSU failure rates recorded by some 'major french ecommerce' Link

I am not saying these results are completly accurate especailly when you consider that antec is exponentially more popular than the rest combined, but it does build on the point that no adays antec is really skimping, but unlike cheaper power supplies, when they go out they do not go out with a bang instead a quiet death :)

It would be very helpful to have a computer equivalent of the JD Power survey.

With the number of different products (and the short turnover times) that might be too difficult.

It would make for some interesting reading though.

Which reminds me, I must add some PSUs to the recommended list.. must stop slacking :lol:

Edited by jammin

Corsair and Silverstone... icky

Enermax/Antec IMO

Corsair's PSUs happen to be at the top of their game, made by ---> Seasonic. They are two of the best 520W & 620W on the market right now.

And as mentioned Antec has a name, but they've been having some issues, and when you compare Enermax to PCP&C, Seasonic, and Corsair, sorry they are not in the same league at the moment.

You've got it backwards.

Enermax/Antec ... icky

Corsair and Silverstone :thumbs-up:

You need to do some PSU homework. :)

I mean does anyone realize who makes most PSUs? ;)

Let's see Seasonic has their brand, they also make Corsair, and ???

I'll let you guys fill in the blanks for who makes the other big names in PSUs ____ _____ _____

Edited by DasFox