Power Suppply

4 rails isnt more stable than one single one, there usually is no difference. The reason why we have multiple rails is because of the ATX 2x specifications.

The thing declares that if any rail has more than 20A, a second rail should be issued for 'safety' purposes =\. The advantage a single rail has over multiple rail power supplies is that you don't have to worry about overloaded the individual rails, especailly if there are four... like cmon WHY four rails :(

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 rails isnt more stable than one single one, there usually is no difference. The reason why we have multiple rails is because of the ATX 2x specifications.

The thing declares that if any rail has more than 20A, a second rail should be issued for 'safety' purposes =\. The advantage a single rail has over multiple rail power supplies is that you don't have to worry about overloaded the individual rails, especailly if there are four... like cmon WHY four rails :(

ahhh, gotta love intel and the ole marketing gimic that bigger/more is better :P:(

Edited by The Unforgivin

The funny thing is that many 'dual rail' power supplies are actually single rails, its just the sticker says its a dual rail. Also, there are tons of power supplies who slap on the ATX 2.x certified logo even though they greatly out spec ATX 2.x guidelines :P

well should i get the pc power or the etasis it dosent really matter about price for either one i can spend up to like 270 with shipping and handling i was thinking about the etasis because it 850 watts but the pcpower is a top brand.

So Is Etasis, You just never see them in the enthusiest market (They re-badge a lot of there stuff for silverstone TT) They are REALLY active in the high end server market.

PCP&P is an enthusiast name, which is why you see a lot of them. But you can't go wrong with either. But my vote goes to the Etasis