Sign in to follow this  
Andrewr05

Hood Scoops

of course @ higher speeds, any sort of lift is the enemy, so even if a spoiler gets you to 0 lift...then its doing something helpful.

putting a system in the car, that benefits you if thats the way you like to listen to the music...but if you do spend the money for those things, you should either already have some performance upgrades or have plans for them...

I'm not quite sure I understood what you said correctly. Are you saying that the only time you should put in a new sound system is if you have performance upgrades/plans for them. I would disagree here. Everything in my '98 Contour is stock, except the sound system. I put 1K into a sound system for the car, and I never plan to put any performance enhancing thing into it. The reason being, it's a '98 Contour. Why in the world would I need any thing that's performance related? My car isn't fast, it's average. I don't pretend for it to be anything other than average in performance. However, the thing about car stereo's are that your car doesn't need to be fast. In fact, I don't know why you would add two 12" subs into your trunk (adding a lot of weight) if you have a fast car. People need to realize that they can't have both worlds. The audio/visual world is different than the performance world.

I didnt mean that you have to upgrade the performace if you upgrade the sound system, what I mean was the rims and the other visual upgrades that many people do should not be the only thing that you upgrade, if you spend money making the car look good, you should also spend money making it perform better, at least that is the way that I look at it...

HOLY CRAP!!! really?

I have like 3 sitting in my desk drawer, I might put them on my dads truck tomorrow and go for a spin!!

Yeah, do it! You will get 30-60 extra horsepower easy. Im not even kidding, your dads truck will feel like a flippin rocket ship!

Yeah, do it! You will get 30-60 extra horsepower easy. Im not even kidding, your dads truck will feel like a flippin rocket ship!
Will it go faster than the time i borrowed my friends nawz and put it into my moms van?

That depends, did the van also have air fresheners that looked like trees yet smelled like a new car? Cause if her van had the trees and the "nawz" it would definately be faster than the truck.

That depends, did the van also have air fresheners that looked like trees yet smelled like a new car? Cause if her van had the trees and the "nawz" it would definately be faster than the truck.
No those give me headaches...

but it has a spoiler!!

"my moms van seriously has a spoiler if anyone cares"

Edited by Andrewr05

imho the engine,drivetrain and all other mechanical aspects of a vehicle come first then the body/looks.function over fashion.heh i geuss thats why i own 7 white t shirts,7 grey t shirts and 7 pairs of blue jeans.

an old beater 60's model camaro(primer grey) with some rust,flat black rims with no hubcaps (the kind you put your snow tires on) maybe a cracked window or two,a missing head or tail light aswell but then under the hood is were all the money is.thats my kind of car.

besides being ugly... those things just cause drag... if anyone knows what that is you'll understand why its BAD for the type of idiots buying those.

They look fugly on most cars, and most of the ones you see are non-functional <_< . There are some cars on the other hand that look good with em, and serve a good purpose (cooling off that top mounted intercooler)

gota love those gt four's :D

01.jpg

-dave