Don't Understand

bigred

It's the thrill, adriniline rush, getting to use that power whenever. Infact most people wouldnt even consider taking there car to the track just beacuase. Its not something most people think about.

I mean theres nothing funner than going 0 to 45 as fast as you can to some people. And then theres the factor that most people dont want to take the time to drive to the track and all the other things that involve going to the track. I mean whats the point when they have a perfectly good road in front of them. People just like going fast.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 hours from north carolina to southern cali... been there done that a few times

any ways, 85mph isn't really a big deal. we actually have roads in this country where that's the posted limit. it's the 0-60 when on a 40mph stretch of road, or trying to burry the needle (done it once but the bronco's spedometer only went to 85) on the freeway.

and what makes it worse it these kids... "oh I have to make my car go faster"... why don't you learn to drive it in the first place? oooohhh they can spin their tires, but can they avoid a semi blowing out a tire in front of them? can they recover when they hit a pot hole? doubt it.

Like I said I can understand the whole building it for the sake of building it... god knows I'm just as guilty of it as the next person. but I also know that 10 years of driving a certain way has allowed me to build to suit my style. 2 weeks of driving doesn't exactly lend it self well to doing that.

I'm Ricky Bobby!

On a serious note, I like to think that I don't drive like an idiot, and for the most part I feel I do pretty well. Obviously, I, as does everyone, occasionaly have lapses in judgement and do something stupid...

When I want to race, I take it to the track, even though it's an hours drive to the nearest decent one.

As for why I feel the need to go fast...I can't explain it. Why do you go rock crawling? Why do some people sky dive? Why do some people crochet or knit? Just my way of "pushing the limits" or "expanding the envelope" I guess.

I have to agree with you though, the "tuners" these days piss me off with their "da fast and da furious" driving

Well i think the track is different, there you are allowed to go as fast as your right foot decides and that takes away the thrill, nothing to hit but barriers, not as much danger. That makes the track boring to people. Also they might not have the fastest car in the world which might look stupid on a track.

I think it is just about doing something they shouldn't and the fun that that creates.

ostly he stay around 150-160 km/h,

between 90 and 96 mph, not stupidly fast but not fun if you crashed either, provided you keep control and everyone else does about the same you should live lol.

Well i think the track is different, there you are allowed to go as fast as your right foot decides and that takes away the thrill, nothing to hit but barriers, not as much danger. That makes the track boring to people. Also they might not have the fastest car in the world which might look stupid on a track.

I think it is just about doing something they shouldn't and the fun that that creates.

ostly he stay around 150-160 km/h,

between 90 and 96 mph, not stupidly fast but not fun if you crashed either, provided you keep control and everyone else does about the same you should live lol.

double post there comp_dude :P

yea, 150-160 isn't bad at all, but I kinna start clutching on to things and get the sweats when he's putting it down to speeds above 240 km/h! I whitnessed a break from ~210 km/h down to 0, the tracks are still there today. Twas when an IDIOT decides he has to stop on the right, but then decide against it and go onto the third lane with like 40-50 km/h without looking for a second. Thats when I thanked God that my dad didn't buy the 911 we were sitting in, but went for a Cayenne instead! Sheesh that was scary! I guess the 380mm brakes ARE actually useful!

and there's nothing wrong with the need to go fast and push the car's limits if done the way you describe. take it to the track where it is regulated and safety is taken into account.

just like my trail riding. I probably take it to serious extremes with safety. I don't go out on some unmarked trail all alone. I firmly believe in using marked established trails, having propper communication, navigation, first aid, and basic survival equipment, and most of all the good old "buddy system".

also there is a huge difference between the german roads and american. especially thier highways. they were designed and built with excessive speeds in mind. plus they're maintained MUCH better. I have trails smoother than portion of i75.

...also there is a huge difference between the german roads and american. especially thier highways. they were designed and built with excessive speeds in mind. plus they're maintained MUCH better. I have trails smoother than portion of i75.

Thats not saying much...in MI, I75 sucks just as well as I69, I96, I475, etc...

I do agree with you all about the track, its a good idea to take a car to the track if you want to drive fast, but its also fun doing it on the highway for the simple fact that it can get you introuble, I am guilty of this myself, as I said before I was driving quite fast on the highway last night, however I know if I were to begin to spin, I would know exactly what to do to regain control of the car, because I have had to do this before when people decide to be stupid and pull out infront of a car going fast...thats what I dont understand...

Why when you see a car going faster than you, do you pull out infront of them?

why do they pull out in front of fast moving idiots? people speeding like that shouldn't be driving like... sorry to put it this way... flaming idiots.

and I'm talking about i75 in general, not just in michigan. I've taken it all the way from the UP to the keys. i75 can be a disaster. but it has to do with materials used right down to the founation. the germans do it totally different for safety reasons. they also have thier whole highway system designed with faster speeds in mind. ramps are angled differently, turns are banked differently. it's totally different from anything we see in the states... outside of maybe an indy car track.

just for reference on pulling out in front of fast driving idiots... I get in behind them and ride thier bumper... sorry but a little 4 banger my accelrate faster but a big V8 has top end all the way. plus something about a 5000+ lb truck with a hood higher than thier roof tends to get them under control really fast.

the germans do it totally different for safety reasons. they also have thier whole highway system designed with faster speeds in mind. ramps are angled differently, turns are banked differently. it's totally different from anything we see in the states... outside of maybe an indy car track.

just for reference on pulling out in front of fast driving idiots... I get in behind them and ride thier bumper... sorry but a little 4 banger my accelrate faster but a big V8 has top end all the way. plus something about a 5000+ lb truck with a hood higher than thier roof tends to get them under control really fast.

I totally agree with the first statement, I've driven around on numerous highways in the US, and its very bad sometimes.

Second, hell yea, problem being its partially your guilt, and the second problem being that with ~210 km/h, it could become somewhat dangerous for me and my dad instide, other than that being a borrowd car from the seller...

[edit] sry bout double post