Don't Understand

bigred

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

follow the flow of traffic. If traffic is going way faster then the speed limit then u kinda have to. Also left lane = passing lane and people tend to just hang out there cruising at the speed limit or below it so it gets really annoying............

follow the flow of traffic. If traffic is going way faster then the speed limit then u kinda have to. Also left lane = passing lane and people tend to just hang out there cruising at the speed limit or below it so it gets really annoying............

That's because they can. If they are going the speed limit, it's legal. Now less, depending on the speed they could get impeding traffic. But even so.

Second, if traffic is going faster, you don't "kinda have to."

mostly he stay around 150-160 km/h, dunno how fast that would be in miles, probably like 70-75mph.

160km/h = 100mph (1.6km = 1mile)

people drive like 90-130mph on some sections of the motorway here in the UK, but it's not like people are racing, nor cutting and weaving, nor pulling out really fast... it's just like 5000 cars moving at the same speed, so it's not crazy.... it's just the same as if everyone was doing 70mph, but everyone gets where they want faster... sure beats doin 55-65mph down I-95 and taking like 2 days to get somewhere :lol:

To sum it all up quickly in one word, I guess you can call it "Immaturity". Same reason why insurance is so high for those under 25, but thats a whole other rant...

Driving fast isnt a big deal when everyone else is too - late nights coming home I do well above the speed limit on I4...but so is everyone else. Thats not too bad when you are an experienced driver staying in one lane with the flow of traffic. Its when you mix in young kids who have had their license for a week or two, and think their loud buzzing 4cyl is fast enough to zoom in and out between traffic at high speeds. They end up pushing their cars to the limit, while far exceeding their driving ability.

Novice driver + high speed is not a good combination.

Eh, I'm very guilty of driving too fast on the highway(85mph) but I don't weave in and out of traffic...if there is traffic I slow down and speed up when I get clear of it. On roadways in the city, I go as fast as I want as long as I feel safe. Normally never over 45-50mph. And if it is a neighborhood, I slow down to 20mph. When people drive recklessly fast, its just because they can. They feel that driving fast will get them there faster when the most time they'll save is about 5 minutes.

To sum it all up quickly in one word, I guess you can call it "Immaturity". Same reason why insurance is so high for those under 25, but thats a whole other rant...

Driving fast isnt a big deal when everyone else is too - late nights coming home I do well above the speed limit on I4...but so is everyone else. Thats not too bad when you are an experienced driver staying in one lane with the flow of traffic. Its when you mix in young kids who have had their license for a week or two, and think their loud buzzing 4cyl is fast enough to zoom in and out between traffic at high speeds. They end up pushing their cars to the limit, while far exceeding their driving ability.

Novice driver + high speed is not a good combination.

that's where I was going with this. that's what I can't figure out. the NEED to do that crap. sure on i75 @ 3 am I'll hit speeds in excess of the speed limit. but I also stay plenty under 100mph even on wide open stretches of road with no one around.

that's where I was going with this. that's what I can't figure out. the NEED to do that crap. sure on i75 @ 3 am I'll hit speeds in excess of the speed limit. but I also stay plenty under 100mph even on wide open stretches of road with no one around.

Me too, but that's only because 100+ not only kills gas mileage, but it also makes getting out of a ticket way harder. Weeving through traffic is dangerous and stupid.

why do they pull out in front of fast moving idiots? people speeding like that shouldn't be driving like... sorry to put it this way... flaming idiots.

and I'm talking about i75 in general, not just in michigan. I've taken it all the way from the UP to the keys. i75 can be a disaster.

really? i took 75 down to key west and it wasnt as bad as some of the others i have been on. (i75 runs about a mile from my house.) the portion of 75 near my house is fresh pavement about 200 miles south of us and about 90 miles north.... really good around here.

lol all you guys are acting like you haven't done this before when you were young and that you were the police's angels. You guys have been there before......... first explain why you guys did it and then get mad at others........