Western Digital Drive Installing Windows

kirky_D

First of all I only have ubuntu linux on my computer no windwos installation whatsoever.

I have recently purchased a Western Digital WD2500KS Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM SATA2/300 16MB Cache and wanted to use it for gaming, i.e. install windows on it.

I have the following motherboard:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D SKT939

It supports Sata-2

I partitioned this hard drive with gparted successfully, (My computer detects the drive(ubuntu and bios)) I then went to install windows.

During the setup (partition bit) the windows installer detects both of my hard drives and all partitions, except on the linux hard drive it says unknown (which i expected) I go to install windows on one of my ntfs partitions but it says that it does not recognise the filesystem.

I thought there might be incompatibility with gparted and ntfs, so i deleted the partition and let windows create the partition. Which it did.

Go to install windows same error.

I have a look round and discover that i might need drivers, or western digital software to format my hard drive. I get the lifeguard tools and partition with that, to the same effect.

I know about pressing F6 to load 3rd party drivers. But the problem is I only have 1 CD drive and NO floppy drive.

Can anybody help me??

Cheers