Beckham Comes To Mls

sdy284

As far as I'm concerned Beckham is passed his prime, and it is showing in the European soccer league, so he's coming over here where he will probably look a little better (because lets face it, the guys over in Europe are the real soccer players). And a quarter of a BILLION dollars is a pretty darn good pay check for a 5 year contract.

But what do I know, I'm Canadian...... Hockey FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
and yet this will do nothing to make America watch soccer more. we American's just don't like soccer

....We Americans, there are millions of people in the USA, and I know there is a lot of them that would strongly disagree... I personally have played soccer since I was very young. My parents didnt want me to play football so it was either baseball or soccer and I chose soccer.(Now I play football, hehe) If no Americans like soccer, why is there soccer teams in almost every junior high, high school, and college around the states? Come on man, no disrespect but think before you talk, or type.

As for Beckham, I believe it was an incredibly stupid decision. Watching ESPN has enlightened me that the MLS is barely worth 250,000 dollars. Its like the yankees, you can hire all the all-stars you want, it wont make you champ. Beckham is awsome though.

I miss the WorldCup...*sigh*

Edited by Phoenix

he's just going there for the money! European leagues have too high competition for him, OR Ronaldo as well, he just got too fat!

I also miss the World Cup, especially the 3 Games where I was in the Stadium, Italy - Ghana (2:0), Germany - Ecuador (3:0) and France - Spain (3:1). Man that was great, the feeling in the stadium, the atmosphere, all of Hannover was a massive fan-block! When Germany won we were partying out in the main streets and everything, it was just crazy!!

and yet this will do nothing to make America watch soccer more. we American's just don't like soccer

:withstupid: Sorry Phoenix, but soccer just isn't big in the states. Soccer fans are a severe minority.

Anyways, this deal was idiotic...not for Beckham, but for the MLS....Who even knew they had that much money to blow on one player let alone every team in the league. Even the few people I know who are soccer fans don't own any soccer apparel, but they own football and bball jerseys. Where the hell did the MLS get all this money???

....We Americans, there are millions of people in the USA, and I know there is a lot of them that would strongly disagree... I personally have played soccer since I was very young. My parents didnt want me to play football so it was either baseball or soccer and I chose soccer.(Now I play football, hehe) If no Americans like soccer, why is there soccer teams in almost every junior high, high school, and college around the states? Come on man, no disrespect but think before you talk, or type.

Think before I type... I'm pretty sure that I did. The majority of American's don't like soccer, which is why I made a generalization. I didn't say that no American's liked soccer, I was simply stating that it isn't quite as popular. And as far as playing soccer, there are plenty of people who like to play sports but not watch them.