Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

Bush Admits His Mistakes

Today at 9 p.m. US EST time, President Bush held a speech about the mistakes of the previous policies in Iraq and that failure would be disaster. He also talks of his new policy in Iraq. His policy includes the increase in troops by 17,500 soldier to Baghdad. Sending Iraqi military brigades to patrol areas of Baghdad to help reduce fighting between the two groups. (Civil War is what some people are calling it, Bush calls it sectarian violence. No matter what it is it has to be stopped for Iraq's government to succeed.) The Democrats have responded by saying that President Bush's new policy is heading for the wrong direction. They say it as if we are losing the war. Yet we have not lost any military engagements. This is like Vietnam again. The United States has never lost a war unless we give up. What does that tell you about our country? That we just cut and run when times get tough? Is this the great country that broke through the Great Depression, suppressed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan?

You can find videos and transcripts of this address mostly everywhere. I am not here to persuade any of you, but only to inform you.

They say it as if we are losing the war. Yet we have not lost any military engagements. This is like Vietnam again. The United States has never lost a war unless we give up. What does that tell you about our country? That we just cut and run when times get tough? Is this the great country that broke through the Great Depression, suppressed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan?

A-friggin-men :withstupid:

They say it as if we are losing the war. Yet we have not lost any military engagements. This is like Vietnam again. The United States has never lost a war unless we give up. What does that tell you about our country? That we just cut and run when times get tough? Is this the great country that broke through the Great Depression, suppressed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan?

Lets not forget that back during WW2 everyone was in support of U.S. action against Nazi Germany and Japan. Everyone wanted to see them dead and in fact public opinion was very strong to this end.

It was the Vietnam war that brought on all the war protesters and anti war freaks and thus gave war a dirty public opinion and with that brought on human rights groups that dictated that Onslaught Killing is inhumane and wrong. The media also played a major role in how everyone views war. Vietnam changed everything. No more go in and kill them all.. Last we have our own government. During WW2 the war was fought from the front. Political leaders let the military, within reason, dictate the fate of war. Vietnam was a political war that started back in the 50's with the French. Congress and political leaders kept our troops in check during Vietnam.

If we were to cut lose our military and not worry about public opinion and human rights we could take control of Iraq fast and swift. We have the weapons and means to do it, but unlike WW2 we wage war in a different fashion now.

One last thing. My father fought in WW2 and I could see the hurt and pain in his eyes during Vietnam when he watched tv and saw all the anti war protesters and war hatters. He once said a country should stand strong and support it's military during the time of war and respect what they are doing no matter what the cause because it's their lives that are on the line.

Edited by madwizard

I like how all the headlines in the papers today are: "Bush Admits Failures, Calls For More Troops." That about sums it up doesn't it...

I also like how the articles always mention the Democratic opposition to the troop surge, and states their reasons for not wanting it, but never gives Bush's backing for the troop surge. Let me tell you guys where Bush got this kooky "troop surge" idea. During a joint meeting between the members of the Iraq Study Group and the Pentaon brass, a plan was forumulated to channel more troops into Iraq to hasten the training of the Iraqi military, so that we can get out sooner. So it all boils down to this: Does Bush listen to the bi-partisan ISG and the generals on the ground? Or, does he listen to the Democrats in congress (who admittedly don't have the most illustrious war management record around)

One last thing. My father fought in WW2 and I could see the hurt and pain in his eyes during Vietnam when he watched tv and saw all the anti war protesters and war hatters. He once said a country should stand strong and support it's military during the time of war and respect what they are doing no matter what the cause because it's their lives that are on the line.

Hear hear! My granddaddy was a WW2 vet, and though I wasn't around during the Vietnam crap, he always was hurt by what the media and the politicians did to the military (He'd let me know with a few four-square words everyday). The way we fight wars now, it's almost like we are asking to get our ***es handed to us. This whole concept of imbedding reporters into combat units and letting them show the average people the cruelties of war, that's just asking for us to lose. The average people can't handle this crap on a daily basis. Here's a news flash: War sucks! People get their heads blown off. Innocent people die. Children are made fatherless and motherless everyday. Expect it, deal with it, and don't lose sight of what the real mission is. This new way we fight wars is ridiculous as well. This is a warzone, not an American city street. Why do the soldiers have to fill out "Use of force Reports" every time they fire their weapon? I realize it's to stop them from doing stupid stuff, but as we've seen stupid stuf happens whether they have to fill out paperwork or not.

If I've said it once, I've said it a duo-deca-trillion times. Leave military matters to the military, and leave political matters to the politicians. Do NOT intertwine the two.

Gotta love the proposed spending bill by the drunk!

More troops = More money :( . Or we can just send in more troops with the same amount of money and see if we can wing it :thumbs-up:

When I took Political Science in college a professor once said Religion and Politics do not belong in bed together . Reliouse beliefs hinder political ambition and the means to do what right for all the people.

The same is true about war. You send troops who are trained for war. They are the ones who know how to fight and defend the nation. Politics have no place in the war zone. They would only hinder, Vietnam, our warriors and their duty.

Take away all media coverage. Scale back political influence and let our warriors lose. See how those people over there act then when they see how seriouse our warriors are and how fast their country becomes a golf course and vast parking lot and watch all those slimy hit and run scared terrorist run for their lives.

Above all we need to realize the under lying danger that is building over in the Middle East. Something that has been building since the end of the Ottoman Empire. Western influence is a threat to the Muslin world. They hate us. They would do anything to whipe us out. Politics has nothing to do with their hate. This is something that has been recorded in history before the First Crusades that Muslims hate Christians and Western Influence. It's funny how we hold a high standard for human life while they think nothing of dying. Fact is I cringe just thinking what they would do with a nuke. They would use it.. Politics are sometimes blind.. We are at a point in history that was forsssn years ago. While we argue and fight politically, they get stronger and stronger.

What do I know ? I'm just a grumpy old man who wants to live in peace and harmony...

I agree completely, that while there are some Muslims out there today who want the western influence and prosperity in their countries, there are some reactionary Muslims who hate all of the three W's: Whites, the West, and Women. They hold no value for human life. They are filled with nothing but blind hatred. It truley is a scary, scary situation. I really hope everyone on this board understands the mentality of the people we are up against. They don't care who you are, they want to kill you. We had a friend who was an Anesthesiologist over in Lebanon on a humanitarian aid mission. He was a military officer, but he was over there as a civilian during his leave. He was walking down a street one night after dinner back to his hotel so he could get up the next morning to continue helping the poor families around Lebabon, when a group of Muslim extremists tackled him in an alley and stabbed him to death. Why? Because he was American. There's a lot of scary crap out there right now, and whether or not we take any action against them, they will take action against us. They are more than capable and more than willing. So that's fine Congressmen, let's not put anymore troops in. Let's apologize to the middle east and leave Iraq, promising to never come back again. I guarantee you within two years we will have another 9/11 on our hands. Whether we become entangled in current affairs with them now has no effect on how much these extremists hate or like us. They are living in the days of the Crusades. They want to kill us for what our ancestors did 50 back to a thousand years ago, all the way back to the Battle of Hastings in 1066. They are going to hate us for eternity whether or not we have troops in Iraq. So we have two choices. Diplomacy obviously does not work with them. Thus we either take the inevitable fight to them, or we sit on our rumps and take it. I personally would rather we just erase their gene pool from the planet, as it would save the world from a lot of heartache in the future, but then again that's not the most PC thing to do. Desperate times.

To me this shouldn't even be a Dem-Repub issue. This is a matter of national security and western survival, and the capabilities that these bastards have honestly scares the living crap out of me. They can NOT be permitted to freely expand their manpower and resources as they had for the 20 years prior to 9/11. We must not repeat history.

Another reason why we need a face over there: Those WMD's that we never found? Don't be stupid guys, they existed. Where are they now? Who are we fighting over there who were proponents to Saddam's being in power? Think about that.

More troops = More money :( . Or we can just send in more troops with the same amount of money and see if we can wing it :thumbs-up:

Ya, because it's not like we don't have troops out there without body armor and riding around with hillbilly armored vehicles...

For the record, everyone is mistaking wars with conflicts. The USA hasn't fought a war since WWII. Also, before the US declared war on Germany, there was bickering over who we should ally ourselves with (and if we should even ally ourselves with anyone at all)

The reason opposittion is so strong against the "War" in Iraq is because there is no clear enemy. In WWII, it was army vs. army. In Iraq, it's Army vs. ????. There is no end in sight, and also Democracy cannot work in a country that is Religion vs. Religion. What needs to happen is to divide the country into provinces based on religion, then have the leaders work out agreements between eachother. Theocracy FTW in the middle east.

You are so right and it's really scary how easy they can strike, any place any where..

The other reason they hate us is the fact they hate and despise the State Of Israel. Just the though of our support to Israel makes them sick because they want to destroy Israel from the world.

As I said, Scary is the word because they can and are able to do anything they want, and will because of the deep hate they have towards us. They would use a nuke, if they had one. I think if more people realized just how much danger we really are in they would support our military just doing it's job and putting an end to them before us. Then again, a lot of people in this country live in a fantasy state where they really think talking to them and saying your sorry will stop the violence.

This whole mess is a powder keg smoking. The longer we play into this whole mess the longer they have to prepare.

One more thing.. These names. al-Qaeda and Hasbela are all just hate groups of Muslems who need to be exterminated..

Edited by madwizard

There is one other thing I thought to say..

There is that 5% possibility that this is what they want.. They want us to be confused. They want our political system divided. They want us to be a divided nation. What better way for them to keep us in check and allow them to grow stronger.

Why can't everyone on earth just be rational?

"Rational" is in the eye of the beholder. To someone that perceives another body of people as a threat to their existence, genocide may seem "rational". Hitler believed that a world of blond haired, blue eyed men and women was "rational".

And, my opinion here, saying things like all Muslims hate Americans is just silly! There are probably just as many radical "Christians" that believe anyone who doesn't believe as they do should not be allowed to live as there are radical Muslims. These Muslim extremeists are just that, the outer edge--the lunatic fringe so to speak. Don't get me wrong, ANY military force that wreaks havoc on the world as some of these terrorist groups have must be dealt with. But let's not go lumping and entire religeous belief system in with terrorists.