I Hate People...

LoArmistead

100_5402.jpg

100_5403.jpg

100_5404.jpg

100_5405.jpg

Some low-life POS broke into my dad's truck and the Y this morning and stole his briefcase. The briefcase contained his work phone, palm pilot, wallet, and a lot of patient information. The worst part is it may have had a prescription pad in it as well, he can't remember whether or not it did for sure. First thing we did was call and report all the stolen cards to the respective companies, and we found out his credit card had been charged at a Marathon gas station down the road. Other than that the trail is cold. The best part is, the idiot who stole the briefcase left the $500 magellan RoadMate stuck to the windshield and a $600 snubnose .38 in the door pocket. :thumbs-up: I'm hoping a tank of gas is all this POS gets out of this hit. <_<

may that tank of gas contain just a small amount of water :)

also the gas station security cameras should be able to get a licnese plate number. they're very good at that to avoid the pump and run crowd.

That sucks, but not to be rude but why did your dad have his wallet in a briefcase in the truck...

His daily schedule makes it more conducive to have his wallet in his briefcase. He usually stops by the YMCA at 5AM then heads directly to work after that. It's easier to just keep his wallet in his briefcase and put it in his pocket once he changes out of his gym clothes. Plus it's a rather small town area, so this stuff isn't very common. I think he was an unfortunate victim of urban sprawl. There's been a LOT of development in the area over the past few years, and forever gone are the days when you can leave your front door unlocked at night... or your briefcase in your truck.

This just irks me. My #1 Pet peeve of all time, "people who take things that don't belong to them," has just been violated. :angry2:

may that tank of gas contain just a small amount of water :)

also the gas station security cameras should be able to get a licnese plate number. they're very good at that to avoid the pump and run crowd.

I am hoping they can track them down. It was between 5:30-6:00AM when they got the gas, so it should be fairly easy to figure out who it was, as not many people visit this particular gas station that early in the morning.

EDIT: update: the charge went through the Marathon station at 6:53AM this morning on pump #4. The police are going to review the tapes to see if they can get a tag number.

That would be AWESOME if they caught the guy off the gas station tape. I mean insurance will probably cover the window, and a tank of gas probably isn't really that big of a deal for your dad monitarily.... but this guy getting what's coming to him.... THAT would be great!

That really rips..

I hear your frustration. I live in a small town and we have been hit, recently, by what everyone is saying are Heroin users. Nothing worse that a dead beat drug user that has no $$.

I got nothing for people who take from others. It's so wrong.

That would be AWESOME if they caught the guy off the gas station tape. I mean insurance will probably cover the window, and a tank of gas probably isn't really that big of a deal for your dad monitarily.... but this guy getting what's coming to him.... THAT would be great!

A friend of mine had something similar happen about a year ago, and they also got gas with a charge card. heres the clincher.....the car that the perp was driving was reported stolen just a few hours before the gas charge. they never caught him.

hope you have better luck :)

oh but the use of the card is one thing. faces put with stolen plates gets you a MUCH worse time in the pokey, is easier to prove, AND they tack on the incident of stealing the brief case :)

this clown is just making the cop's job easier.