Cd Problems

Venus_Raven

Today, a while ago My computer locked up while playing DF:BHD. Upon restarting my Internet connection was working perfectly (had some problems with ICQ and opening vertain pages)

Now whenever staring the computer normally the CD-Rom drive does not work (does in Safe Mode). It shows up in my computer but will not open also there are strange lock up issues regaurding it. E.G. SOmetimes with a Disk in the drive I get a black screen and windows stops loading untill I remove my disk.

Doubt it is much use but specs,

AMD Athlon 2200XP

50 GB HDD (Maxtor)

Plexwriter 16/10/40A

GeForce 4

WinXP Home

I tried that, its an old(ish) drive but it was working only moments before the crash. On an even stranger note, if I put a disk into the drive everything stops (opening IE windows etc...) until I take it out again.

Thakyou for the help anyway.

Edited by Venus_Raven

maybe the drivers are out of date, or your system for some reason doesnt like the disc, i had the same thing happen with an older cd drive of mine, it worked fine for about a year then one day just boom... it stopped working and i couldnt fix it. sorry i couldnt help more :(

I reinstalled Windows and it seems to have solved the problem. Better make sure I have enough Restore points, etc...

Thankyou for you help, I appreciate it.

BTW -want me to delete topic now problem solved?

;););) <_< <_< <_< B) B) B)