Occ Logo Contest

Bosco

Okay, first off so no one jumps on me for stealing images and such, jammin gave me permission to post this up:

Love the name of the file there laugh.gif

I think I made it pretty clear that the best logo possible is the aim, I'm not too concerned about how that is achieved.

So I'm happy for others to 'nick' my ideas and fiddle with them if it ends up with the best result.

As for the idea, it does work reasonably well.

Does it work so well if you take it out of the context of a page header though?

I'm not sure exactly what the staff are looking for, and the contest setup was directed towards the page header.

However when I think 'logo' I think of something which will work effectively wherever it is used.

Therefore, that's the approach I have taken from the beginning.

Feel free to post your mix up into the thread to get reaction from other members. smile.gif

And if it is chosen it would clearly be jammin's victory and I have no intentions of taking away his rightful prize

With that said:

pleasedonthurtme.png

best of both worlds?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, first off so no one jumps on me for stealing images and such, jammin gave me permission to post this up:

And if it is chosen it would clearly be jammin's victory and I have no intentions of taking away his rightful prize

With that said:

pleasedonthurtme.png

best of both worlds?

Looks good, except you use capital letters throughout the whole thing except for the 'e' for both of them. I say CAP them and it should look better.

Looks good, except you use capital letters throughout the whole thing except for the 'e' for both of them. I say CAP them and it should look better.

i'm sure its the font...there isnt much he can do about that

Anyone else is welcome to play around with anything I've posted.

I'll even provide Illustrator files if you really want them.

Just want to keep it completely open.

The burning chip image does communicate more clearly what OCC is about than my other idea.

Do you think it is immediately clear that it's a burning chip though?

Obviously to me it is, because I know the intent behind it.

edit - yep, the 'e's are the font. Still need to find the most suitable font to use I think.

I'll post up a few font variations.

Edited by jammin

I like the combination of the curvy-hooks and the burning chip. It's a good layout. The font doesn't sit well with me though. It's kinda boring, and kind of has an "old school star trek credits" feel to it. Honestly, I like the old (current) font better.

And to jammin, as I said before, I think the image is easily recognizable as a burning chip. I think it's cool because it's very simple, so it'll scale well and it would make a good logo or "icon". (For example, a custom url icon in the browser address box)

Stuck a few font variations together.

To be honest, I still haven't found one that has made me go "yes, that really fits!" which is the ideal situation.

The original font is in there too and looks alright.

candidate32no6.jpg

I'd probably keep things pretty simple for the header myself, for example-

headeral4.jpg

Edited by jammin

Haha, the first thing a person will think is

"OMG, this website OCs and fry there cpus!!!!!" RUN!

lol jk, But I like it, but We need something as a logo, I just cannot get used to that burning CPU... But I love the text :thumbs-up:

The burning chip image does communicate more clearly what OCC is about than my other idea.

Do you think it is immediately clear that it's a burning chip though?

Obviously to me it is, because I know the intent behind it.

Well the first thing I'd think when seeing that is "WARNING: Flammable!" It's a very nice, simplistic design, but IMO, it'd be best on the back of a product as a warning symbol....sorta like nrg's avatar ;) lol

I also re-jigged the first idea with a corrected 'K' and with a different font (cheers i_lag )

If I ever get over to jolly ol' England, you're buying me a pint. Just like they do on Coronation Street! :P (hardnrg can come too, he'll be Noris :lol: )

Any who, I'm probably going to just try and do something with no logo, and just text and see what I come up with.