Sign in to follow this  
Bosco

Occ Logo Contest

looking good jammin!

the only things i dont like are the goofy "K" in overclockersclub" and i dont like how the middle C is smaller in OcC

how does it look if they're all the same size?

I'll definately have to come up with something better & more scalable :glare:

Edited by sdy284

I think it's an interesting concept, but honestly, a fan would not be the first thing I think of. It looks more like a circular saw or ninja star of some sort. I can picture that in video games ;)

I think it's an interesting concept, but honestly, a fan would not be the first thing I think of. It looks more like a circular saw or ninja star of some sort. I can picture that in video games ;)

yea i saw that too

The font was one thing I wasn't really satisfied with. I like most of the letters but that K does look dodgy and I'm not sure about the "e" completely either.

As for the er "fan", not looking like a fan, I would agree with that too. I liked the sense of movement it gave though, and anything which more directly resembled a fan looked a bit clunky to me in comparison.

Large middle C looks like this.

capitalcbj6.jpg

Probably does look better actually.

The font was one thing I wasn't really satisfied with. I like most of the letters but that K does look dodgy and I'm not sure about the "e" completely either.

As for the er "fan", not looking like a fan, I would agree with that too. I liked the sense of movement it gave though, and anything which more directly resembled a fan looked a bit clunky to me in comparison.

Large middle C looks like this.

capitalcbj6.jpg

Probably does look better actually.

this one looks better jammin, the first im not to fond of, and the fan motif is a neat idea :)

Same sized letters for the reduced logos it is then.

I just need to scout around for a very similar font without a dodgy K now (or find one to replace it without it looking out of place).

That'll have to wait until later though. I need to get some sleep.

Edited by jammin

Not that good, but basic! Hooray! At first I had one, then to look cool I had to copy jammin (with the dark and light thing). :P

So here are two different versions with a light and dark background each, please critique!

This just came to me after I was messing with the fonts, so blah. I dunno. I made the llama :P

The image system on OCC doesn't like me, or I just can't use it.. here it is on imageshack: logo2allno9.jpg

And then it somehow works on here too now.. Oh well, double the fun!

post-14939-1168745856_thumb.jpg

I vote for the llama.

I wish I had skills. I'd enter. but mine would look like Lo's instead of sdy's

LOL @ the Llama! I had a feeling someone would put in a llama...I dunno if bosco really wants that to be the official logo/mascot of OCC though ;)

Okay, here's my first full submission...

First it's on the OCC Blue, then on White, with a few variations, then on the bottom are some "miniatures" that could be used elsewhere:

OCC-Logos-CM.jpg

Here's what it'd look like on the Front Page:

Occ-banner-CM.jpg

I vote for the llama!!!!!

On a more serious note, I like the way Clay's OCC logo looks on the front page, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the lettering. Something just doesn't sit right about the color pattern, the boxed in look, and the font...However, maybe combining something along the lines of cold_snipe's text with Clay's logo.....

I guess I just like simplicity. :thumbs-up:

Well, I figured I mine as well take a crack at this and after fiddling around with layers and transparencies and gradients and masking and blending etc, etc... I eventually came up with something the equivalent of when you mix all the paints as a little kid together... you know that sludge color? yeah.

Anyway I took about 5 minutes after I trashed that and created this simple little number that appealed to me much more...it's fairly straight forward and utilitarian. (I'm guessing I'll add the text in later).

okay.png

Original

Edited by Leldorion

I stand by the llama!

logo2webbd2.jpg

Move it to the left a bit maybe, that's just details.

Then the quote goes on the right side too, so it won't be that.. empty :P