Occ Logo Contest

Bosco

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats cool...but how does it look when its shrunk to a smaller size? (in px)
Occ-links.jpgOcc-links-50.jpgOcc-links-25.jpg

Doesn't look that great at 63x63, but better than the current one does...but I don't think it'd be needed that small anyways. At 125x125 it still looks fine, which is smaller than is currently being used.

that looks sorta like our local cable companys logo.
Can you post a picture of their logo? I created this by hand, it's not even a font...so just curious to see if there's already something like it. I wanted something that'd be unique.

Here's something i whipped up...

OCClogo.jpg

even i'm not sure if i like it or not :lol:

lol. Well I think it looks really cool...but isn't that kind of big for a log? I thought you told me it was just the "fan logo" that was supposed to be changed and not the whole banner :P

I thought it was clear that the whole banner was fair game?

The text is essentially part of the logo anyway as it is.

*grabs paper to do more scribbling*

Edited by jammin

I thought it was clear that the whole banner was fair game?

The text is essentially part of the logo anyway as it is.

*grabs paper to do more scribbling*

Well %@!#$ that then. I'm out.

They should have just posted the logo image in this thread they wanted changed, and that would have alleviated any confusion.

I am sorry Clay :(

I said What I mean by Logo is the whole thing fan and lettering can be designed in anyway. If you want to remove the fan and use something else that is your choice.

I guess that was not clear enough :(

If you would like to take a shot I can extend the deadline if you would like. :)

I am sorry Clay :(

I said What I mean by Logo is the whole thing fan and lettering can be designed in anyway. If you want to remove the fan and use something else that is your choice.

I guess that was not clear enough :(

If you would like to take a shot I can extend the deadline if you would like. :)

No need. I was frustrated when I wrote that...but of course I started doing a full banner already. lol. It's not like it's due today anyways. Speaking of which, I thought the due date was Jan 15, but I just checked and it says Feb 15...is that for real?

Here's one I put together. Don't know the dimensions, and Bosco you have yet to tell me the specific dimensions, so I worked with 390x90 (the size of the old logo). Even if you don't like the actual image, take the idea into consideration. :)

occlogocontest1ve9.png

I'm getting towards finishing up on my first idea.

I'm taking the approach that if the logo does get replaced it will end up being used in far more places than just page headers.

How the idea is presented will reflect this, with variations on colour and layout to allow it to be adapted to different applications.

Should one of my ideas actually have the fortune of being used in some way, I will also be very happy to help compile a guide for acceptable use of the logo.

This is something which is common practise in corporate identity and would be helpful to give out with logo packages for third party use.

So expect a post soonish with initial ideas.

edit-

OK, here is the first idea to make it to a somewhat presentable stage.

candidate2initialxv0.jpg

I quite liked the fan motif idea, so I've abstracted it a bit (hopefully it still resembles a spinning fan a bit :lol: )

I've only presented the most important colour variations which would be likely for web use.

I also have grey-scale and black and white variations which would be suitable for other uses.

I'll let you guys comment on the actual design.

There are things I myself can nit pick about but I don't want to point them out so it affects your initial impressions.

Edited by jammin