New Tv Tunner

Been looking for a new tv tuner that works with media center because my old one doesn't.

So does anyone know of a good tv tuner that works with media center open to suggestions except Hauppauge! tv tuners because I have already had a couple of there cards and they always have driver problems.

Been doing some research on the topic and found that the TV Wonder 550PCI has very high ratings and suppose to be very good and has a good price anyone ever use it before?

http://www.tv-cards.com is a valuable source of info... i think generally all you need is a tuner with BGA drivers... i have a Hauppauge Nova-T (DVB) card that receives digital streams at near-DVD quality MPEG-2 and it can work with media centre apps like MediaPortal, GB-PVR, Showshifter etc when i use the TechnoTrend.de BGA drivers instead of the Hauppauge ones...

http://www.tv-cards.com is a valuable source of info... i think generally all you need is a tuner with BGA drivers... i have a Hauppauge Nova-T (DVB) card that receives digital streams at near-DVD quality MPEG-2 and it can work with media centre apps like MediaPortal, GB-PVR, Showshifter etc when i use the TechnoTrend.de BGA drivers instead of the Hauppauge ones...

Good tip I'll keep that in mind when I get another tv tuner card. But I've already returned the hauppauge tv tuner that I bought 2 times because the first time I bought it took it out of the box and picked up the remote and there was a butch of stuff moving around inside of it and it didn't work eather. The second time I bought it put it in installed it worked great but as soon as I rebooted and if I install something on my computer I would get the BSOD and had to remove the drivers or I would keep having the same problem. Tried the new hauppauge drivers but then when I turned on the tv it would work a couple of seconds then freeze up. It also effected WMP 11 if I were to try to play a video it would only play the sound of the video and you would only see a white picture on screen and when you tried to stop the video it would freeze up the computer. It also effected BF2142 were I could play the game and it would work fine but the start up movie would just be a butch of black and white lines with green lines going across. I tried a butch of formats trying different things but gave up after having to reformat my computer 10 times.

On this topic, there aren't any high-def cablecard tuners, are there?

yes there are, mind you they are VERY pricy last time i saw one, if i can remember the manufacture for them ill post you a link after.

Haupauge 150MCE with remote, its cheap and works like a dream. for the money it IS the best card on the market periode. Go buy one.

Well thats the same card that I couldn't get to work in my computer.

On this topic, there aren't any high-def cablecard tuners, are there?

When I was doing research on different tv tuners and saw a few HD tuners they ranged from like 60-300 dollars depending on the quality of them.

Well thats the same card that I couldn't get to work in my computer.

When I was doing research on different tv tuners and saw a few HD tuners they ranged from like 60-300 dollars depending on the quality of them.

I have 4 Haupauge 150MCE's they integrate seemlessly into Media Center Edition, grab the newest drivers for it off their site and it works great :)

its MCE which means Media Center Edition, you will have one heck of a time getting it working in Pro/Home

I have 4 Haupauge 150MCE's they integrate seemlessly into Media Center Edition, grab the newest drivers for it off their site and it works great :)

its MCE which means Media Center Edition, you will have one heck of a time getting it working in Pro/Home

Well I tried those things when I had the card but it still didn't work. It was some hauppauge mpeg decoder that wouldn't work. I also did some research on there cards and even though there called the best for your money they apparently they use older chips compared to the new cards.

I know that MCE means media center edition which is the OS my computer runs. I believe that when I red the system requirements for the PVR-150MCE it said it would work on home/pro/media center its just that with home and pro you would have to use WINTV to watch tv.