Do Walkie Talkies Really Work This Far?

Queenz

I started "working" at 12... And that was mowing lawns... then at 14 I started work at the Military Golf Course, and guess what, I found jobs ALL OVER the place in a dead city...

now if you can't find jobs in NYC...

Edited by The Unforgivin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started "working" at 12... And that was mowing lawns... then at 14 I started work at the Military Golf Course, and guess what, I found jobs ALL OVER the place in a dead city...

now if you can't find jobs in NYC...

I know I can find one easily but my dad already set the rules that it has to be close to home, don't know why but that is what he said..........

personally i think that if you "want" all this stuff- i would be trying a hell of alot harder than "waiting" for this grocery store job.

im mean really, yes he said close but its not like that is the only pplace close to you!! your in new york right? i went there once there is work on every freakin corner there!!!

went up to NYC on greyhound

then the summer before leaving the US for university in the UK

Wait, so you don't have a british accent...I'm disappointed (I thought you were from the UK all your life)

"I can only work a maximum of 4 hours per day and a total of 28 hours per week."

Are you under 16? I think most fast food joints require you to be at least 16, so those may be out of the running for you. Being under 16 limits you in the jobs you can get, so I would just save what you have, go dutch on your dates, and concetrate on school. Once you turn 16, during the summer, get a job maintaing central park. I'm guessing that you will be working 39 hours a week then (I do park maintaince for my state during the summer, the job is a blast and the pay is good--for a summer job--the hours aren't that good (6am - 2:30), but you learn something new every day.

personally i think that if you "want" all this stuff- i would be trying a hell of alot harder than "waiting" for this grocery store job.

im mean really, yes he said close but its not like that is the only pplace close to you!! your in new york right? i went there once there is work on every freakin corner there!!!

someone who understands.

The first step to getting a job is getting over the "I only want to work at this one store" mentality. I applied at 8 or 9 different fast food restaurants and only got hired at one of them. Also it helps to meet the manager when you turn in your application and find a time when the store isn't really busy, maybe they'll sit you down and interview you right there, and generally if you get to the interview part at a fast food restaurant, you're hired, they go through people so fast, hire a bunch and let the weak weed themselves out...

He's 16, but seems to expect the money to all come in the first two paychecks.

Don't expect any money for a while. If you get paid bi-weekly, it can take a while to get paid at first (I joined during the middle and it took me 3 weeks to get a pay check because they pay you for the previous two weeks or something), but don't worry, you get your dues in the end.

Wait, so you don't have a british accent...I'm disappointed

sorry that i'm not the man of your dreams lol...

living in the US doesn't give you an american accent... just makes it slightly weird... like australian

(i don't sound australian either)

Edited by hardnrg