Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

Do Walkie Talkies Really Work This Far?

how old are the two of you?

16, and as for me I will be 17 at the beginning of next month.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

we have some "10 mile range" radios and we're lucky if we get half a mile out of them in most terrain.

ahh crap well I am offcially super screwed. Guess I will switch to plan B and thats carrier pigeons.

ahh crap well I am offcially super screwed. Guess I will switch to plan B and thats carrier pigeons.

and a viable alternative if I must say so myself :thumbs-up:

Not to mention, how cool would it be to be the only guy on the block with his own troupe of trained carrier pigeons?

GMRS requires an FCC license. I'd suggest NOT using it without one.

and I'm sorry if you two can't afford to paying your own cell bills... then you aren't old / responsible enough to be "dating"

what the heck is ur problem? i know alot of adults that cant afford to have cell phones and are married. just because they dont have enough money to afford cell bills doesnt mean they are not old enough to date, it just means that they have other expenses which are neccesities rather than luxuries.

too bad some of his posts about money got taken out with the drive failure.

you'd understand better.

he's crying because he spent his allowance on toys and wants a $100 pair of shoes to impress the other kids. now he's again trying to find a cheap way around things.

it's not like he lives out in the middle of nowhere. there are always entry level jobs, busting tables, putting up stock somewhere, loading and unloading deliveries... for god's sake it's NYC.

I'm sorry I don't have any sympothy for that kinda crap. at 17 I was out of the house, on my own. reinforced what my parents thankfully tought me.

too bad some of his posts about money got taken out with the drive failure.

you'd understand better.

he's crying because he spent his allowance on toys and wants a $100 pair of shoes to impress the other kids. now he's again trying to find a cheap way around things.

it's not like he lives out in the middle of nowhere. there are always entry level jobs, busting tables, putting up stock somewhere, loading and unloading deliveries... for god's sake it's NYC.

I'm sorry I don't have any sympothy for that kinda crap. at 17 I was out of the house, on my own. reinforced what my parents thankfully tought me.

hey man no need for that cause you do not understand what I am trying to say here and that is that I am currently waiting for a job. I applied and he put an okay on my application saying that I could come and work sometime after the holiday because the slots at work were piled up and he just doesn't have the hours I want to put in yet w/e that is.

So why not apply at other places too, then if he really wants you, he'll hurry up. As much as people frown on fast food, its really not that bad, and most jobs like that are really flexible, they have to be to work around school schedules and stuff. At my job, I work when I want and how much I want, if I ask my boss for a day off, I get it, and if I ask specifically to work from time-time one day, I get it. Especially in New York it won't be that hard, swallow some pride and apply at McDonald's and other restaurants like that...

two weeks before i was old enough to work in mcdonald's i started the training and worked a few evenings, then from 16-18 i worked there pretty much every weekend bar exam time and i had my own car, paid my own insurance, bought like 300 cd's, bought my own clothes, went up to NYC on greyhound, bought loads of booze, got wrecked, did really well in school academically and in sports, had a wicked social life...

basically i had a lot of money and had a lot of fun, and did what had to be done in school...

mcdonald's sucks yeah, but it let me have my own money to buy EVERYthing i wanted... then the summer before leaving the US for university in the UK i earnt about $3000-4000 working at a cement factory shovelling rocks and cement in 110

two weeks before i was old enough to work in mcdonald's i started the training and worked a few evenings, then from 16-18 i worked there pretty much every weekend bar exam time and i had my own car, paid my own insurance, bought like 300 cd's, bought my own clothes, went up to NYC on greyhound, bought loads of booze, got wrecked, did really well in school academically and in sports, had a wicked social life...

basically i had a lot of money and had a lot of fun, and did what had to be done in school...

mcdonald's sucks yeah, but it let me have my own money to buy EVERYthing i wanted... then the summer before leaving the US for university in the UK i earnt about $3000-4000 working at a cement factory shovelling rocks and cement in 110

4 hours per day? wth kinda papers are they? are you on probation or something?

That sounds like US child labor laws. But you know what? SUCK IT UP, START SAVING YOUR MONEY! It won't all come in your first paycheck.

And nrg, I hope you mean Fahrenheit :O.

4 hours per day? wth kinda papers are they? are you on probation or something?

Nope that is what the back of my working paper card says for people 16 years of age