Sign in to follow this  
HomerJaySimpson

Please Help!

The POINT i'm trying to make is, the ez plug is ONLY FOR SLI, i shouldn't need it!

You didn't even know what it was for in your first post dingeling which is why i've been trying to get a second opinion...

My X800 worked for months without it and it shouldn't need it since it's not SLi....So something has obviously changed, things just don't decide to not work after months of working perfectly...Something has broken...

I'll look elsewhere, not getting much help here...You keep misunderstanding what it's for...

YOU keep misunderstanding me! I'm telling you, motherboard manufacturers say its only for SLI, but then how do you explain that if I don't plug that very connector into the board in my SLI-DR Expert, that the card will fail any of the 3Dmark benchmarks? When I plug it in its fine, its because its getting EXTRA power through that connector!

but if you don't want to listen, go buy a new psu, you will have the same problem... -_-

OMG the ez plug is for mobo stability...

what and who has told u that the ez plug is for SLI ?

ive had a asus mobo and a dif mobo wich have had ez plugs... in addtion to the gfx's own power plug (pci e)

whats changed is that you probably drawed to much current though your pci e slot because you did no plug the ez plug in!

:EDIT i had the same mobo as you "Asus A8N-SLi Premium"

Edited by firky

Try googling it kid before you pretend you know it all....craping people on this board have such attitudes ...How it has gone downhill...

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

this is my last post in the thred

i quote from here

"ASUS EZ Plug is a 4-pin auxiliary +12V connector that is used to ensure voltage stability for your motherboard and for other installed peripherals."

i also quote from here

PCI-E.JPG

As you can see there is quite a bit room between the 2 PCI-E slots. Notice the red light?? That is the onboard warning light if you choose not to connect a 4-pin ATX power cable to the EZ plug when running SLI.

>>>WARNING HINT HINT PLUG IT IN <<<

that was 5 mins of my time spent googling and is the same as what me and kingdingeling

have sed meany post befor.

Yeah nice sources

Quoted from ASUS Motherboard manual:

The red warning LED lights up when you installed TWO graphics cards but did not connect the ASUS EZ PLUG.

I think i'd believe the manufacturer over a reviewer.

I have read many debates about this, but the only person who would truly know, is the people who made it...

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

ok my dfi has some places to plug in molex connectors on the board and if i unplug them it becomes unstable their not there just to look at you need to plug them in. and if your going to make a fuse about this why did you even ask for or advise if your just going to throw it back in are face.

Maybe its just the principle but I dont really understand why its such a big deal if you plug the thing in and it works no matter what the manual says. I would be more inclined to believe real life experiences over a book. The manufacturer doesnt try all possible hardware configurations, especially if the video card was made after the motherboard. If the video card is drawing more power than any single card setup tested on the board I wouldnt be surprised one bit if the connector had to be plugged in for just even one card.

Try googling it kid before you pretend you know it all....craping people on this board have such attitudes ...How it has gone downhill...

alright, whatever floats your boat, I can only tell you what is true, if you don't want to believe it, thats your fault!