Coolermaster Aquagate Mini R120

kendellrt

I was wondering if anybody has used this cooler, or has experience with it. Is it any good? If it is I would be willing to drop a few extra bucks to get it. I have ben looking into TEC solutions like the CoolIT Eliminator, but they are a bit expensive. If I don't get any good suggestions or feedback, I'll probably go with the Zalman CNPS 9500 LED.

the zalman is air cooler is far better the cool master aqua gate, and is not even in the same class as the coolIT eliminator the cooler master is in the level -1 class the zalman is in the gifted class, and the CoolIt is genius btw also another good solution the Amanda Titan

Edited by spectrascope

Guest buick454wnos

Instead of actually telling you about other coolers, im going to tell you about the r1230

The r120 is a decent idea, just sucks in practice. The cooling block is the major issue. For the 100 dollars, i would put the extra towards a swiftech or danger den system.

I was wondering if anybody has used this cooler, or has experience with it. Is it any good? If it is I would be willing to drop a few extra bucks to get it. I have ben looking into TEC solutions like the CoolIT Eliminator, but they are a bit expensive. If I don't get any good suggestions or feedback, I'll probably go with the Zalman CNPS 9500 LED.

i must say the Eliminator is no slacker stay tooned for the review ;)

actually, the aquagate mini is not bad for watercooling at that price. really man, its literally an affordable watercooling "kit" for the masses :)

i would shy away from this as these cheap little kits, you can beat the performance for less with air cooling, if you are going to use liquid cooling do it right and DONT cheap out.

• 2 weeks later...
i would shy away from this as these cheap little kits, you can beat the performance for less with air cooling, if you are going to use liquid cooling do it right and DONT cheap out.

actually, the aquagate perform quite well as compared to extreme air cooling.. im not sure about how much it cost over there. but with a price tag slightly more than some of the heatsinks available, a plug and play design, no leak test, no topping up of coolant, hasssle free water cooling, its kinda spiffy. and its also the cheapest watercooling kit available :)

I have already purchased the CoolIT Eliminator and am eagerly anticipating it's arrival. Thanks for everybody's input. I really think that this TEC cooler will be worth it. I have been on air for so long, it is time to try something new. I'm not ready for full on H2O yet, and I think that a TEC may work better anyway. It is rated to cool up to 125W of total thermal output. I will be posting a thread when it comes to get some help with OC'ing my FX-55.