Sign in to follow this  
-Eagle-

Getting The Most Out Of My Lcd Monitor

I read an article a while back about this. It mentioned some programs and what not but I didn't want to do anything because the article is about a year old :rolleyes: . I just bought a HannsG HX191D 19in. flat panel and am wondering what things you all recommend for getting the most out of it. So far all I have done is change the font type in windows to clear type and made sure to use the DVI output instead of VGA on my video card.

Anything else you recomend ?

Thanks,

Jordan

Yeah good thing you didn't post in that old thread, the folks around here would've pounced on your like rabid chipmunks.

Using the DVI cable was the best thing I've done for my LCD. When I first switched it out from VGA, I couldn't see a huge difference, but a few weeks later when I went and switched back to VGA, it seemed like the edges were so rough and the font so blurry that I couldn't even read it :lol: . I am also interested to see if there are other things that can be done to improve a near-perfect LCD.

I think cleartype is definitely a smart move. I guess it really depends on the monitor though as far as DVI is concerned. I have an LG L1920P 19" monitor and I really see no difference in quality. The picture is sweet, don't get me wrong, it just depends on the monitor.