Html Table Help

Verran

I'm setting up a template html page for my new site layout. It's basically just a big table with one big middle cell that will have all the content "nested" in it. It works exactly like I want it to on FireFox, but when I test it in IE6, I get a bunch of whitespace between certain areas of the table. I sketched the whole layout out on paper and hardcoded all the pixel sizes for each cell, but it's still not right in IE6. What am I doing wrong?

FireFox display:

ffzh7.jpg

IE6 display:

iejf6.jpg

I'll attach my code too if you want to look at it. It's just a template, so it's pretty simple still.

html.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I took the easy way out and used the HTML Validator plug in available for Firefox to check and clean up the code. It screwed up your formatting, but made it readable in IE. You probably would have been better off if you did everything in CSS and just used the tables for place holders. I'll probably get bored over the weekend and convert the whole thing into CSS (save for the javascript) and upload it to this thread. Here's the code that HTML Validator formatted.

new2.html

Oh, thank you! I actually ended up going the CSS route anyways. I had a friend give me some pointers and ended up doing the whole thing in CSS, and it's a lot better now. Not only is the code simpler, but the dynamic resizing is great. Thank you for your help though. I've never used the table validator. I'll have to remember that one!