Need Helpe With My +12v Rail Real Bad!

could it be the motherboard do you have another power supply to try it on have you ever drop or chipped somthing off of this motherboard i have never really heard of the wire getting hot do you have good case cooling ( might not matter but worth asking).

i had this happen on an old gigabyte, i was trying to get a hsf on and the screwdriver slipped and busted off a itty bitty chip (resistor i think). it made my old 1900+ run at 1.1ghz and also cause the 20 pin plastic atx plug to turn brown around some of the the pins after a few months of use like that. so you might want to check your board like capthowdy said as this technically could be a problem also.

i had this happen on an old gigabyte, i was trying to get a hsf on and the screwdriver slipped and busted off a itty bitty chip (resistor i think). it made my old 1900+ run at 1.1ghz and also cause the 20 pin plastic atx plug to turn brown around some of the the pins after a few months of use like that. so you might want to check your board like capthowdy said as this technically could be a problem also.

hmmmm well I got the voltage on 1.46V at load and it seems to get very hot. The time when it melted the 4-Pin power connector was when it was running at 1.51V at full load. Would you guys like to see a picture of the melted 4-PIN connector if I still have it?

hmmmm well I got the voltage on 1.46V at load and it seems to get very hot. The time when it melted the 4-Pin power connector was when it was running at 1.51V at full load. Would you guys like to see a picture of the melted 4-PIN connector if I still have it?

Sounds like you might have a bad connection IE: You pulled the cable out of the crimped end leaving it with little to no wire... That causes heat/sparks which causes melt...

I highly doubt this is a PSU problem (originally), and to draw that much current through the P4 connector is next to impossible on it's own on a celeron... for that to happen you'd have to draw WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more than 17amps across that connector/ 2x12v leads for it to melt on it's own...

IMO, you pulled the thing out by the wire...

Edited by The Unforgivin