Sign in to follow this  
jonnoyeo111

E6600 Oc So Far

Hey, got my new rig a couple of weeks ago and after this BIOS update just started OC'ing. Specs are in sig. I would just like to know how much more i could expect from this chip, i set voltage in BIOS to 1.35V but in CPUZ it reports 1.312V. Coretemp shows 42C on both cores idle, and just shy of 53/54C load. My RAM does have a lot of headroom left, so its up to my chip to match it lol....im just scared of it dying on me ahhaha..... Any tips here?

Hey, got my new rig a couple of weeks ago and after this BIOS update just started OC'ing. Specs are in sig. I would just like to know how much more i could expect from this chip, i set voltage in BIOS to 1.35V but in CPUZ it reports 1.312V. Coretemp shows 42C on both cores idle, and just shy of 53/54C load. My RAM does have a lot of headroom left, so its up to my chip to match it lol....im just scared of it dying on me ahhaha..... Any tips here?

Well I bet you could probaly hit about 3.5GHZ on that baby. But it does depend because you are using a gigabyte board, and the high OC's I seen done with the E6600 was on Asus or Abit boards. And don't worry about CPU-Z reading the wrong voltage its most likely because the processor is not at full load, because I was having the same problem. But you are using a 120, which is why I dont get why your temps are hot, what kind of thermal paste did you use? Because those load temps should be alot cooler if you plan on getting higher OC's out of the CPU.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

Well I bet you could probaly hit about 3.5GHZ on that baby. But it does depend because you are using a gigabyte board, and the high OC's I seen done with the E6600 was on Asus or Abit boards. And don't worry about CPU-Z reading the wrong voltage its most likely because the processor is not at full load, because I was having the same problem. But are you using stock cooling on the E6600? Because those load temps should be alot cooler if you plan on getting higher OC's out of the CPU.

What kind of volts would i be needing? I'm prime95 stable at 1.35V (apparently 1.35V at least). I thought that the DQ6 was a great OCer lol.....

I'm using a Thermalright Ultra 120, with a Scythe 120mm fan @ 1700RPM. This is in a CM Stacker 830 with 7x 120mm fans lol.....

Even when full load, (two instances of prime) CPUz shows 1.296 to 1.312V...odd

What kind of volts would i be needing? I'm prime95 stable at 1.35V (apparently 1.35V at least). I thought that the DQ6 was a great OCer lol.....

I'm using a Thermalright Ultra 120, with a Scythe 120mm fan @ 1700RPM. This is in a CM Stacker 830 with 7x 120mm fans lol.....

Even when full load, (two instances of prime) CPUz shows 1.296 to 1.312V...odd

Well about the gigabyte board, I am not saying its bad its just I never seen no OC's from them yet, only the Abit and Asus boards so don't get me wrong, but what kind of thermal paste are you using with that Ultra 120? And just forget about CPU-Z, because as long as it says 1.35V in the BIOS your good then. Sometimes monitoring software readings aren't always exact like they are suppose to be. And as for the voltage my cousin he had his voltage on 1.46V at 3.6GHZ for his E6600.

BTW someone else might know what to say about your Thermalright cpu cooler. I heard that they cool and peform very well, so I am kind of surprise to see your temperatures that high on full load with such a low voltage.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

AS5 for thermal paste, it was reseated a week ago with it. Ambient temps are about 25-26 C (77 - 78.8 F).

hmmm idk its just conroes are known for running cool, maybe someone else knows sorry man.

Conroes tend to run warm in my experience. Here are a bunch of DQ6 threads. You should be good up to 1.55 with air i would think. I run mine at 1.475v 391x9 and am orthos stable at these speeds. My memory is running 1:1 4-5-4-15 2.25v. You should have a good bit more in your CPU and sincethe DQ6 is a 965 chipset board you should easily get over 3.6. I just got my temps under control so i will try and get more from my 6600.

@ ccoke, "sorry, no matches found" for the link. Anyways, the DQ6 should be a decent OCer, as most other gigabyte boards (DS3, DS4, S3 etc) tend to be pretty good.

well i'm at 3.3Ghz atm, 1:1 with my RAM, and 1.3625V. The PC is acting weird on load, like the mouse jerks around every now and then....and im running prime95 atm and one of the instances has stopped for some reason (hasn't stopped responing yet) lol...

It was stable at 3.2Ghz with 1.35V....so we'll see.

EDIT: And now after exiting prime95, one of my cores has constant load......hmm....more volts me thinks.

Edited by jonnoyeo111

well i'm at 3.3Ghz atm, 1:1 with my RAM, and 1.3625V. The PC is acting weird on load, like the mouse jerks around every now and then

I have also had random jerks with the mouse it seems to be when my fbs is over 1600mhz more volts does help but to meny and its gets real bad i tryed 1.6 and it was ok for like 10 mins then got bad.

post some screenshots in the 775 overclocking competition thread, its also in the overclocking section!

and to think I was about to make one of those threads the other day lol, I didn't even know one was going on.