Help! Sony Xs-l1037

wade0510

Hello.

Recently my cousin gave me 2 10" Sony Xplod XS-L1037 and a Pyramid Super Blue PB449X 1000-watt amp to go with them.

I want to know, since they do say 200W rms on them but 800W peak, is the 1000W amp too strong for them?

Thanks in advance

Hello.

Recently my cousin gave me 2 10" Sony Xplod XS-L1037 and a Pyramid Super Blue PB449X 1000-watt amp to go with them.

I want to know, since they do say 200W rms on them but 800W peak, is the 1000W amp too strong for them?

Thanks in advance

yes it will be ok, all you have to do is turn the gains on the amp down to a lower setting. start from the lowest possible setting then work your way up until they start to distort, then back off a little. and just to let you know, that amp is 500wt's max per channel and 1000wt's max bridged into 1 channel. just run them each into their own channel. (that amp only pushes about half of its rated power to be completely honest.)

yea as sYstEmATiC said and unless pyramid has changed in the last few years it would only push about half what it says on a good day pyramid = ultra low end car audio equipment

Ah, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. I'm an Audiobahn guy myself when it comes to amps.