Sign in to follow this  
sYstEmATiC

Monitoring E6600

I was just wondering if anyone knows where i could find a good temp monitoring program for the C2D's? I have searched google about 6 different ways and found nothing but mac stuff. :huh:

what mobo is it?

any maybe Everest Home?

*EDIT*

helps if i read your sig...

check the EVGA site maybe? im not sure if anything is new enough to support the sensors in that board unless it uses old ones... would have to look into it, check XS and see what people are using there.

Edited by Uber

I was just wondering if anyone knows where i could find a good temp monitoring program for the C2D's? I have searched google about 6 different ways and found nothing but mac stuff. :huh:

There should be programs on the eVGA CD that came with your mobo that will read all that for ya :)

does the EVGA board have a utility other than nTune yet? nTune is a BIG piece of crap, it screws up your chipset (if its the same on conroe than on the nF4 side of life)

other than that, core temp?

does the EVGA board have a utility other than nTune yet? nTune is a BIG piece of crap, it screws up your chipset (if its the same on conroe than on the nF4 side of life)

other than that, core temp?

yeah i didnt install ntune because ive had problems with it in the past. i guess ill give it a go and see what happens. ill also check XS and see what they are using.

thanks again guys :)

Core temp should work for you.Get it here!

Oh cokeman can I ask a short off topic question? How good are those buffalo firestix and how good do they OC?

So far so good. I know they will go to 460 with 4-5-4-15 timings with 2.25 vdimm. I have not really pushed any further than that yet. Once i install my Tuniq tower i will lean on them some more. They are actually better than my OCZ 6400 platinum.

ok ill just continue this thread so i dont have to make another.

Does anyone one know a straight up answer to when the temps of a c2d start to cross the threshold of safe to unsafe temps? and possibly volts? i have been averaging 44-47C on both cores for the last 24 hours full load at 3ghz and 1.2625v. well in the last 10 minutes it decided core #1 (actually core two) would jump to 50C while the other one stayed at 47C. I am on stock cooling so i dont plan to push this any further until i get better cooling, but i just wanted to make sure this wasnt too much. thanks again OCC.

I was running orthos blend on priority 8 at 66 to 68c. Shutdown temp is 85c if i am correct. I would say as long as you are below 70c i would say you are ok. Cooler is better though. Keep the voltage down as long as possible because the heat output is huge once you start applying the volts. I know once i hit 1.400v my temps started shooting up. Thats the best i can tell you in a non scientific way! :)