Cpu Water Cooling

firky

Hey guys im after your advice

Im clocking my new e6600 and I need some better cooling to keep my e6600 away from 60c im runing at 1.45 vlots and im runing Orthos to during the stress test my cpu has hits temps around 60c. my current cpu cooler is a zalman 9700. im looking for a small set up of just a rad fan cpu block and i guess i need a pump.

Im looking to fit in the TT aguila case. From the cpu block 2 90deg bends to the back of the case then bend the tube in the the rad maybe to more 90deg bends to keep the tube close to the back of the case. im hoping to mount the rad on the out side of the case so the case is in between the fan and the rad and have the connections pokeing though the case to keep as much space in my case as i can. Are there any kits like I just described or could you tell me what the BEST parts are to use for this. Also please feel free to point out floors in my plan.

Thanks firky

Ok

The Copper TDX Block looks ok what do you think of it? i like the look of the Black Ice Pro Radiator but is it as good as it looks ?

I'll do it this way heres a list you tell me if its any good.

Copper TDX Block

Black Ice Pro Radiator single fan 120mm

Akasa 120mm Blue LED Fan

Tygon 3603 Tubing 3/8"

Danger Den - DDC-12V REV2 "PLUS"

i think thats all i need not sure about the pump tho goin to take up loads of space ... : /

if the thought of housing a pump in your case worries you, then maybe just give up now, or go for a bigger case :)

if you don't get a reservoir, you'll need a t-connector for your t-line, and possibly a fillport too unless you want to zip-tie a loose bit of tubing to a crossbrace or something

Im happy to have a pump in my case just means more tubes. I wonted to keep my case neat .hide tubes and wires as much as i can.

this is my plan of my cooling system

mywatercoolingcopy-1.jpg

Edit:

this is my new list

Copper TDX Block

Black Ice Pro Radiator single fan 120mm

Akasa 120mm Blue LED Fan

Tygon 3603 Tubing 3/8"

Danger Den - DDC-12V REV2 "PLUS"

Danger Den Fillport black

Polypropylene "T"

Edited by firky

Hey thanks man i cant wait to get started.

I've been looking on the dangerden site wich uber told me about but im not sure if they post to fance . I could only pick canada and the U.S :( so i need to find some where to buy my parts from that ship to fance. www.overclockers.co.uk do have some dangerden parts but not have meny do you guys have any ideas? I hope hardnrg can help as he lives in europ and i guess meny more of you do.

i have a simple question for you . what do you think is the best size pipe to use for my set up .... 1/2 or 3/8 or any other sizes you think.

and also at what hight does the pump need to be.

I have been thinking about my case i will have a lot of 120mm fan's and i need a way to control them... well at least 3 of them. all my other fans can be controled on my mobo. i have one pci x1 slot free above my gfx card's i'm hopping if there is such a thing as a pci x1 fan controller ??

thanks firky

I have said this before and I'll say it again. I started my water system with 3/8" tubing and upgraded it to 1/2". I bought the right fittings in 1/2" size and the tubing, and swapped the whole thing over. There was no change at all. 1/2" tubing and fittings made no difference for me. On top of that, they're a lot harder to work with. My system's up and running fine, so there's no reason to mess with it, but if I ever tear it down for a rebuild, I'll be going back to 3/8".

The only way I can see it making a difference is if you got a MEGA pump.

Thanks for that Verran. so 3/8 it is then.

I've been thinking seein as my rig is goin to last me some time i might water cool my gpu's too but im not sure if that will help me in any way unless im goin to oc my 7900's