Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Toughnuts

Share Wireless Router With Neighbor

Hello,

My neighbor's router is about 250 feet from my router and we would like to play games together over the same connection since port forwarding to play over the internet is sometimes near impossible on some games. I can see his network but isn't strong enough to play games over. Is it possible to strengthen the signal.

thanks a bunch

Move the foundation of your house over a few feet, it just may be a little less complicated than a finicky range booster. :P

Range Booster or add better antennas on the router and or get a wireless PC card with external antenna and or amplifiers but the amps start getting expensive or bury a conduit and run a cable though it. I have a 24dbi grid antenna with a 1/4th watt amp and can pick up the geek squad about 11 miles away along with numerous other connections. :rolleyes:

Edited by road-runner

just make a 250 feet ethernet cable... :)

wireless is overrated lol

just make a 250 feet ethernet cable... :)

wireless is overrated lol

Lol, I hope you have some repeaters :P

But your going to need two of these if you want to stay wireless istockphoto_730027_large_satellite_dish.jpg

ON TOPIC:

Range Booster=good

But your going to need two of these if you want to stay wireless istockphoto_730027_large_satellite_dish.jpg

ON TOPIC:

Range Booster=good

You may want to upgrade latter to 2 of these.

GreenBankDish.jpg

Edited by road-runner

ON TOPIC:

Range Booster=good

Fast Ethernet has a range of 100 meters, or about 330 feet. He should be alright if he runs an ethernet cable between houses, besides the obvious exposure to the elements. If he does run it outside, he should sheath it in conduit to help protect it.