Ihs Removed Now Temp Differences

It looks like your heatsink is not making good contact with one of the cores. When you remove the IHS you need to make sure that the heatsink drops down far enough( If still using the stock bracket or an aftermarket bracket such as thermalrights) and are still able to get good contact. Looks like you are headed in the right direction.

F@H has been running for close to 4 hours now, its at 32C on core1 and 43C on core0.... I will get at this tomorrow, probably file down the things on the SI-120 all the way... I only have them like 1/2 way now. Nrg, did you file them down all the way when you were on the XP-120 back in the day? Could also be that I filed it down more on one side than the other...

Nrg, did you file them down all the way when you were on the XP-120 back in the day?

if you check out the guide (link in sig) that i did, you'll see that i didn't file the bracket all the way, but probably more applicable to your current problem: i had to file down certain areas of the underside of the bracket to compensate for surface mounted components around the socket... filing down the "feet" alone resulted in the bracket rocking over two pretty obvious components... even though the layout of the expert is different to the other dfi nf4 boards, i'd guess that the same two components are in the same place around the cpu socket... check the guide and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about :)

got it done, now temps are higher? *shrug*

before folding at 2.7, I had temps like 47-50C, not its more like 57C. what the heck is on?

[edit] nevermind, seemed to be a crappy AS5 application! Now its loading at about the same, maybe like 2-3C less

[edit2] @ ccoke, its 1.55 BIOS, 1.520 CPU-Z, 2.7GHz for the moment, I'll c if I can run anything higher