Sign in to follow this  
Neo

Rocky Balboa

Well I just got back from seeing Rocky Balboa with my wife and I thought I would ask if anybody else has seen it and your thoughts? I am 30 yrs old now and remember seeing Rocky 3 and 4 on the big screen. I was a big fan of the series back then but Rocky 5 was such a disappointment that I sorta wrote it off and haven't really watched them for years. Well I can honestly say that even though it might sound absurd and hard to believe this was a great movie and that Stallone has redeemed himself and the Rocky series with this one. He put a lot of heart into the movie and it was very nostalgic to watch, it brought back many memories and it ends in the best way possible really gives the series the closure it needed years ago. I was on the edge of my seat at the end and couldn't help but smile at the way it makes you cheer for him. Anyway I know I am starting to sound like Roger Ebert here but I just wanted to say that the movie is definitely enjoyable despite the fact that most thought it would be a joke. Even the critics are hailing it as the best Rocky yet so give it a shot if you find yourself at the movies over the holidays.

I totally agree with Neo here. The movie was very well done. Seeing how I am only 18, I was unable to see the other rocky movies on the bigscreen (iv seen them all though) so seeing this one was a must. Stallone really did a good job incorporating the old rocky movies into this one and it makes for one epic movie experience. Go see it if your a fan of the Rocky series, it wont disappoint.

I cant say Ive seen any of the Rocky movies all the way through (please dont kill me) the new one looks like something I would be interested in. It may just be something to see during Christmas vacation.

I'm a Rocky fan too (own all 5 DVD's :P), I'm really looking forward to seeing this (& completing my collection), in fact I may even make the pilgrimage to see it on the 'big screen' :D

On a side note... I'm hanging out for the next Rambo release too ;)

Well I got to see it this past weekend and I really enjoyed, I think this was a decent way to end the series. :)