Sign in to follow this  
sYstEmATiC

G7 Mouse Rant

well it happened again, my 2nd G7 mouse from logitech has died on me. this has all happened since 2 days after its release which was during early summer. the issues are transmitter/reciever issues as it just flat out wont respond but windows still picks it up and the mouse is still on. i might just rma this one again and sell it unopened on ebay and grab a G5. this is really getting under my skin as this (2nd) mouse is only a month old. i really dont want to get rid of it though, even though it breaks alot, its still the best mouse ive used.

thats what you get for a way overpriced POS, just get a MX510/518, more than enough!

well i thought about the mx518 so i tried my friends out and i must say that there is a HUGE difference in the way the mouse acts as opposed to the g5/g7 and i didnt really like it, i think its just way too light for me. i havent really liked any other logitech mouse besides the mx1000 but it had wireless lag so i took it back and got the g7. stupid logitech.....why is it that the only real logitech mouse i like has major issues with the wireless reciever crapping out??? well their offices should be open now so im about to call them and start the rma process.

I noticed a big difference between my 510 and my G5 as well. It's too bad that two of them broke simultaneously, and I'd recommend a G5. I have had mine for a long while now, and it's given me zero problems and the rubberized grips are really comfortable compared to the 510.

That's why I've given up on wireless desktop entirely. I had the first Logitech wireless desktop set back in '99, and it was nifty because no one had seen it before, so it was major geek points. But I've kinda come full-circle now, and I just don't see the point of wireless. I have no use for it, and all it does is make components more expensive, more finiky, and more complicated. I hate trying to figure out why my components aren't connecting, and now I don't have to.

I think you should just switch to the G5.

My G5 rocks. Although I don't really game anymore, it's nice for everyday anything use. Best part is the weight system. I usually end up lifting the mouse up off my desk which means the laser doesn't get read, so then it doesn't register the mouse moving. Nice thing with the weights, for me, it keeps it on the desk.

Check mice benchmarks here ... yes, you read it right ...

http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&i...5679&page=1

Saw that on /. interesting indeed.

The criteria I use to buy a mouse is A. Wired B. Feels good to my hand and C. Performance

I don't care if a Razr mouse was the best performing one in the world, I don't like their shape and so I would never consider buying one, but others will like it.

And I had huge problems with wireless back when I had the MX desktop from Logitech. So the G5 is the best choice for me and I wouldn't replace it for anything they have out there right now.

What's wrong with wireless?

It doesn't lag...

If you mean connection trouble, well...The receiver generally has to be far away from electronics.

But I've seriously never had a problem with my G7...