Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

1/4" To 1/8" Jack Adapter

I recently purchased an Audigy 2 ZS Front Panel and noticed that the sound quality through the headphone jack is reduced to a worthless low static sound. I am pretty sure its due to poor connection between the jacks. I am using the 1/4" to 1/8" Jack Adapter that came with the sound card, when I move it around the quality of the sound changes are dramatic. I want to ask if anyone uses the Front Panel or can recommend me some good quality 1/4" to 1/8" Jack Adapters.

The reason why I am looking for new ones is because the sound quality is not consistence it changes by the minute or even second. I need something that will have a good connection and is consistence. I play a lot of games, listen to music and movies so sound quality is very important to me.

I may just be a fluke in your specific adapter, I would go buy another one and try that...

Ive used a $3 one from Walmart with no problems and Ive also used a $10 gold plated one, I didnt particularly notice a difference between the two...

I use one that came with my Sen. HD485's and it actually screws onto the plug, then slides right into the Audigy 2ZS front panel. If you just purchased the front panel alone you might want to double check your wiring, make sure its done right and nothing is touching.

i dunno if the A2ZS front panel headphone jack is the same as the LiveDriveIR front panel headphone jack... but on my LiveDriveIR, the headphone jack is inferior in the first place, regardless of connection problems... i don't have intermittent problems... i'm just saying the sound on the LiveDriveIR headphone jack isn't spectacular to start with

Rumor has it audiophiles say the front panel Jack on the Audigy 2ZS is crap too, they run their headphones to the back, good thing I'm not one of them :)

check out walmart, thats where I got that connector you have from. I hadn't used the connector for like a year, so I just threw it in hoping it would work. Everything else ok with the panel?

nan0click, the front panel jack is awesome, I used it everyday with headphones that only come with that jack

the mic and headphone jack work, its just the quality that comes out from them. they work when i hold the adapter against it, but when i let go it goes static.

Edited by Krazyxazn

nan0click, the front panel jack is awesome, I used it everyday with headphones that only come with that jack

No argument from me there, I was just mentioning I have a friend who thinks the front panel sucks. Personally, I enjoy using it, my HD485's with their screw on adapter connected to the 1/4in. Jack with the volume knob... I guess thats some kind of weak amp too, though I'm probably wrong as always