#27 Puck

Puck

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

I'm about to finally pick up a 95 Trans Am M6 here within the week! Woot

You will LOVE the LT1 - they dont drive quite like anything else out there(~340ft lbs at 2400rpm anyone?). Hope you are handy with basic tools though, they tend to be a bit...bipolar :lol:

Any questions at all you run into just hit me up through PM, I've basically been through it all with these engines :)

Grats, but drive safe!

-i7 4790k @ 4.9ghz 24/7 - Asus Sabertooth Z97 MK1 - 2X4GB Patriot Viper Extreme - RX580 8GB - 28" Samsung 4K - Dual PSU CM SilentPro M 1Kw Main/OCZ Z-Series Z850w Slave - Custom MM Extended Ascension - Logitech G502/G710+/Homemade Stainless mousepad -

CPU Cooled by: 2x MCP655 pumps, Archimedes TEC Waterblock w/TN669 TEC, Dew Point controller, 2x Black Ice GTX Gen2 480 Quads, 33x 80cfm 120mm Server fans, DD dual bay res w/XSPC Res plug Temp probe

GPUs Cooled by: Modded MCP655, 2xModded Enzotech Sapphire CPU Waterblocks, Zalman RAMsinks, modded stock plate VRM cooling, Phobya res, Aquacomputer AMS 280 Rad

Wow, puck just kinda summed that one up for most of us lol. I agree with puck. :)

Man Puck... I couldn't have said it better myself!

Current Rides: 93 Medium Patriot Red NA 383 Z28 - 2012 Metallic Spark Black Nitrous ZX14R - 09 Victory Red Z51 6sp LS3 Corvette

#28 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Well I can tell you based on my experience in my brother's Camaro:

They're a PAIN to work on. They're not set up for the average Redneck Joe who wants to do everything in an hour. Large engine, small space.
Noisy. Very noisy. And if you're driving in rain, there's a good chance that you may hydroplane if you're a new driver. Wait, I take that back. YOU WILL HYDROPLANE ON THAT CAR IF YOU'RE A NEW DRIVER!

Fast though, like Puck said. However, you shouldn't be getting one as your first car for many reasons. Biggest one is the crappy fuel economy. My Caprice Classic gets the equivalent of their mileage. Other is the speed and torque. You can squeal the tires going up a steep hill if you drop the pedal down. And since you're a new driver, you'll want to do it, and will.

And of course insurance... if they will even think about insuring you.

Does this mean you shouldn't get one? No, it doesn't. Just wanted to let you know.
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.