$4000

l2003coatl

yeah, i mean, im going to run solidworks more than fsx, but ive read up a little and it seems that the quadro cards are complete crap for gaming, while the 8800gtx is somewhat decent for solidworks, and other 3d design stuff, and im sure ill be adding on more games as the time goes by, but my main interest as of right now would be fsx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i mean, im going to run solidworks more than fsx, but ive read up a little and it seems that the quadro cards are complete crap for gaming, while the 8800gtx is somewhat decent for solidworks, and other 3d design stuff, and im sure ill be adding on more games as the time goes by, but my main interest as of right now would be fsx

yeah, definitely go with the 8800gtx over a quadro, I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a difference. Some people aren't even aware of the quadro line.

So 2003coat, do you have a water cooling system? I know that I wouldn't let my video card hit high temps like 80C, I'm just paranoid I'll see smoke and next thing I know, everything is on fire lol