This Case Sux

It's just a constant beep, kinda like a click(click click click click click). I get only a halfway post screen, it shows me the name of the processor and thats all. I had the case sitting on a stack of phone books with not issue, and also with the sides panels off. Room temperature has been around 70-60, we had a cold front in Texas, i haven't used my heater.

ACK!!! I was all ready to put in a :withstupid: , but then I saw "carpet".

Carpet is a haven for static electricity. I would strongly recommend against an "on carpet" build. A piece of wood would be great, anything non-conductive. A kitchen table would work great, I bet :P

Yeah carpet would be a pretty bad idea... oops. :rolleyes:

woke up to a loud series of beeps
It's just a constant beep, kinda like a click(click click click click click).

a constant beep, series of beeps, a click, and click click click click click... are these all the same?! lol

have you connected the diagnostic LED bracket? it's very useful for finding out what is stopping the system from running...

also, i meant temperature of your cpu... not the room temperature... maybe your xp-120 isn't mounted properly or there isn't decent contact between it and the cpu...

The system in my Sig isn't the one i've been having trouble with. This one is using the stock AMD cooler.

well, it's not a constant long beeeeeppp...more like a constant beeping/clicking...sorry

I dont' think it's temperature, i've been able to fold for hours, days even. then simply shut it down, and restart and get nothing but the freaking beeping/clicking. I've gotten this from a plain startup too, so it's happened when the PC has been off for hours. Cold boot. Each time i've been able to restart by unplugging/replugging the motherboard power connector.

I've looked at the diagnostic bracket, it shows top left light and lower right light green. According to the manual that means "BIOS Sign On"...but it does'nt give much info other than that.

I put the side panel on, and got the same issue. I removed the side panel unplugged/replugged the power cord, put the side panel on, making sure not to bend any of parts of case(even ever so slightly). I"ve got it running F@H for 2 hours now.

What worries me is, once i move it i'm about 90% sure i'm goign to have to repeat this "remove side panel, unplug/replug power cord" method again :(

I have this excat board same thing happens to me once in while try reseating the ram really good also run memtest to check the ram can be major issue but the biigest factor I have found it happening for me has been my power supply I would like to what kind of psu you have and its wattage because my 550watt coolmax(coolcrap) was causing this same issue until I added secondary 300 watt psu to bolster it by running my video card and have never had issue again so I think it could be your psu not nessicarily bad but just under powered

I've seen similar problems, and the case is NOT the problem. I'm betting a cheese burger that it's the power supply spitting out a week amperage OR possibly power from the wall (if it's on the low side similar to a brown out this can happen). I'd suggest a new PSU and a good quality UPS (everyone SHOULD have one).