Bass Guitars

slayer2cool

ok i bet to you there are plenty of bass guitarist out there in OCC :D let it be beginners, amateurs, pros and all. ..i been a bass player by leisure but i dont have a bass guitar.. i use my acoustic to play bass pieces from time to time and felt like now is time to get me an electric bass guitar.

any of you guys got any recommendation of any brands? models? tips? like whether i should get a decent one first or should i get a good one to start with? honestly i have no ideaa where to start.. trying to keep my budget under 200 USD but then again, the bass guitar pricing in my country may differ as compared in the US.

If you have $200 to spend, I'd look for a Fender Squire combo package. I got my first guitar that way. It was a Fender Squire Strat with a little amp for around $200. It included a gig bag, cable, all the stuff I needed. It was a cheapo guitar, but for the price it was actually very high quality. I still play it today (just upgraded the electronics).

I have to agree with Verran that Fender makes some awesome basses for the money and you can get a few different starter kits. I have a fender p-bass that I play and it does very well considering it was from a starter kit.

sorry for the late reply:) was in camp the whole week.. *currently serving the country as part of my liability* hmmm fender.. haha i think fenders in my country is slightly on the high price but nvm will go and check.. as for yamaha, i have a friend who is a stauch anti-yamaha-bass lady. rofl, she said, its good ah but there isnt any "oomph" in the sound. but thanks for all the suggestions.. will go and check it out man!

ibanez are rather tasty, but, the prices are reflective of the quality ;)

hahaha! yeah guess so.. cant really splurge on it man.. i still got other stuff i wanna get my hands on.. a bike+license, notebook, digicam and all of these while having a good cash flow in.

sounds like a rather 'expensive' lifestyle to be keeping up with :lol:

...just my kinda thing! I would suggest not going too expensive though - you might find you don't have enough time for the guitar and it sits in a corner. Don't want to be spending a lot of money and shoving it in a corner now, do you? ;)