New Overclocking Faq

Nerm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can remove them if need be, But its probably better to flag them up as for older boards ect as a lot of people will still be running older systems

also are you sure you meant everest as thats pretty much still updated

The newer EVEREST programs (Corporate & Ultimate) are usually updated fairly quickly...

Its not that its just that link is for everest home edition and I think they stopped developing it a year ago or something like that. Even though everest is a good program I use it myself I think it should be noted you have to pay for it know.

LAVAL, CANADA

• 7 months later...
As many of you know the main sites OCing FAQ has gotten a bit dated and we are working on redoing it to be newer and more up to date. However, we figured that the best way to do it would be to get an open forum topic going for member input and ideas to use. The plan for the new one is to be seperated into two different sections. One will cover AMD and the other will cover Intel.

So, since the point of this thread is to gather member input and suggestions then post away all your brilliant ideas. lol :)

EDIT: We are gonna use Verran's guide as a starting point for the new OCing FAQ. Please feel free to add idea's by posting in this thread.

Thanks Nerm for the OC Basics. I'm one of those new guys with all the lame questions. I'll try not to be a nuisance though. I am one quarter away from graduating with an Associates Degree in CIS (Networking specialty) and I don't have a clue about any of this stuff. They won't teach any of it in school and I can't afford to play around with settings to much because I don't have the money for a new processor. Where can I learn starting with the BIOS settings like spread spectrum other settings like that so I don't bother you guys with dumb questions? My computer manufacturer won't tell me what any of the settings are for. I understand the liability and all but geez I'm not going to sue them for answering my questions.

What would be a good idea is to explain what the most common settings in the BIOS do, because some people come on the site and are like what the heck is the FSB (alright, exaggerated but you get the point), and they can just read the FAQ and see whats up.

Also, maybe like a small overclocking database so people can see what they can expect from their hardware. I meen not just CPU, but also mem, like state which manufacturer, which chips and what MHz they reached at what timings.

more to come later

That's not an exageration. If I hadn't read the OC basics I would have no idea what FSB is. 2 years of tech school and all they taught me was how to install server 2003 and a PCI card. LOL I guess I'll have to get my education from forums like this. Can you guys give me a degree or certificate?

Where can I learn starting with the BIOS settings like spread spectrum other settings like that so I don't bother you guys with dumb questions?

Google. ;)

And welcome to OCC. Introduce yourself here.

Edited by Bleeble