On Air Whats The Hottest?

gotdamojo06

my compy (prescott CPU P4) with its stock cooler doesn't go above 63C (fan speeds up to highest setting at that point) with the ambient temperature being around 40C in the compy. Still higher than I like it to be but its not too bad. My stock cooler has 4 heatpipes and a 70mm fan blowing air into it.

Edited by mr. blue sky

• 3 weeks later...

back when i was building my 2100+ rig (back when it was top dog) i was having hsf issues and hit 110C 5 or 6 times. the core wasnt making ANY contact with the hsf and would heat to 110C within 3 or 4 seconds then shut down. that cpu is still running today.

Guest Raven65

Wasn't me but a friend of mine has his in his office which is basically non cooled even though he has a vent in there, he was running @ 88c and freezing up until I convinced him to add 2 case fans and replace his stock hs. Now he runs @ about 44C.

Mhh, when I nakezised my X2 4400+, I had too little AS5 on the core, and I would start folding to check temps, see them searing up to 65C and rip out the power cable :lol:

still working great, now I know what it means to have AS5 settle in, Full Folding at 2.7GHz has cooled off by 2-3C now :) Hope it gets even better so I can push her to 2.8 or more ;)