On Air Whats The Hottest?

gotdamojo06

Does 84c on NO cooling count? :P

I was toying around with all sorts of different water configs. One of those ones where I've got the board laying out by itself, crappy 15" monitor for testing, water setup spread out all goofy on a ping-pong table. After about an hour of constant thermal paste applications and waterblock remounting, I finally lost it and booted it up before I had put the block back on the chip by accident. I saw 84c in the BIOS temps, realized the block was off, and pulled the power plug from the PSU as fast as I could. Apparently the BIOS temp protection doesn't work from within the BIOS :P

And yes, this was on my "Golden Week" Opteron 148 that's in my sig. Thankfully, it survived. It's been at 300x10 for a year since.

Mine hits 62c on a daily basis (Prescott OC'd on a monstrous 6 heatpipe w/dual 80mms)

Idle: 44c

50% (HT)= 58c

100% (HT, two apps running)= 62c+

And this is in the winter... in the AZ desert, I ALWAYS hit 70c :lol::rolleyes:

untitledgi6.th.jpg

The reason I asked was that im running around 55-58*C when running folding as well as when running only occt's "test" with a stock cooler...I just changed my oc from 2.31 to 2.35. I need to invest in a new cpu cooler...thats way to hot....in speed fan what does Temp2 indicate? It says Winbond W83627THF ISA for the bus and the adress is $290

The reason I asked was that im running around 55-58*C when running folding as well as when running only occt's "test" with a stock cooler...I just changed my oc from 2.31 to 2.35. I need to invest in a new cpu cooler...thats way to hot....in speed fan what does Temp2 indicate? It says Winbond W83627THF ISA for the bus and the adress is $290

you might wanna get a Freezer64 PRO, very good cooler for the money. (and no, its not the one I said sucked above, its the improved version as Arctic Cooling realised their thing sucked .)