Occ Store Comeback?

DECwakeboarder

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the OCC store back?

• Yes
    • No

Simple yes/no question here...

I know that personally I liked it and it kept me on the site quite a bit more (reminder to the higher ups, more traffic = more money, added reputation among other sites) The one bad thing that I know of happening as a result of the store was talks of a lot more posts just being out there to gain Store points. I just wanted to see what the rest of you thought. Hopefully it will come back eventually and the spamming/other problems can be kept to a minimum.

If you don't know what the OCC Store was, just ask!

Also, if you have any suggestions for the OCC Store if and when it comes back, feel free to leave them below!

Things were to expensive, but it was a fun feature.

"what the heck, who hacked my bank.....grrrr I'll show him....*buy's 10 bank hacks*.....they all failed? DOH"

That was what made the store fun...I never did any of the other stuff, just used what I had to try and steal from others :D Throwing tomatoes to others was nice too. If you're voting, please tell why you voted the way that you did as well.

Like I said, I would like to see it come back, as long as the useless spamming can be taken care of. I think it did get a lot of spamming, but it also promoted a lot of repeated threads to be answered with something worth while. I know bigred had said it and I think it holds true for many people, if you see the same thing posted 3 or 4 times you're likely to just ignore it...if that post was made by someone new to the forums who doesn't know how to use the search feature or just needs an answer quick, OCC is likely to lose a potential user. That was one good thing I saw about the store.

I was in the top 10 point holders for pretty much the whole existance of the store, and even I will admit it was silly. It just encouraged spamming. With some MAJOR changes to the way points were accumulated, I could see it being fun again, but it's incredibly low on my list of things that I'd like to see updated on the site.

:withstupid: I think the whole point of it was just to have a silly little thing to entertain us posters. I think that if posts amounted in very little points and there was a way for people to vote if a person is just spamming or submitting good content it could work. (think digg like, I've seen it used in other forums)

Not a huge thing I want to see either, just that people had been talking and I was reminded of it.

when I joined the store was still up, but I never had any idea on how to work it, nor how to get points/use them... Thats probably because at that time I had zillich posts.

If it could be changed a bit, i would be for it to reopen.

[edit]

I just thought of something as a price, we could have one or 2 of Bosco's or road-runner's folding rigs that could be bought for a couple of points, and have it fold for your name for like 5 WUs. Would be one hell of a fun feature :P

when I joined the store was still up, but I never had any idea on how to work it, nor how to get points/use them... Thats probably because at that time I had zillich posts.

If it could be changed a bit, i would be for it to reopen.

[edit]

I just thought of something as a price, we could have one or 2 of Bosco's or road-runner's folding rigs that could be bought for a couple of points, and have it fold for your name for like 5 WUs. Would be one hell of a fun feature :P

i'm sure bosco or roadrunner would love paying for you to fold because you posting on a forum :rolleyes: