Would You Buy An Alienware Note Book

firky

ok then how hard would it to paint a laptop? it would probly cost more to do it your self than buy it already done. + plus u would have to take it a part so you dont paint every thing. there for that would void the warranty. also on the dell site all the lap tops seemed to be intel?? or was i not looking in the right places? also i didnt see any sli laptops on there site even tho dell own alienware... there is a big difference between there laptops.

Sager looks good, their prices seem to be about on par with IBuyPower.

Slightly off topic...until the 7900 works it's way into 15.4" laptops, what is the best graphics card for 15.4"ers out there right now? I noticed that the x1600 and Nvidia 7600 Go seem to be the top 2...but which is better between them and does anyone know of a 15.4" laptop with a better graphics card?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my alienware for a little over 4 months now. Its a great laptop, the specs are in my sig. It handles the games pretty well. As everybody has mentioned earlier a 17" notebook is a tad on the large size. The battery life is around 2 hours or less. I highly recommend an extra battery pack. Alienware offers different options on their notebooks then dell does. I don't believe you can get SLI or RAID with dell. Their XPS systems are almost as pricey as alienware. For what I paid for mine I am very happy with what I got. It was $1700 USD shipped (~$100) with an exta battery pack (~$100) and I upgraded the ram with 2GB corsair after I recieved it. You just gotta keep an eye on some of the upgrade prices when you buy a pc from somebody. I got 2gb of ram for $10 more then their 1gb upgrade price...