New Tv Location

martymcfly

Tomorrow, my family's new Mitsubishi WD-65831 (65" DLP) is going to arrive. I am undecided on where to put the TV. We have two possible setups. One is in the basement, which we recently renovated, and the other is in the living room, which is bigger but has a wall of windows, so I am worried about TV visibility during the day. The living room currently has a Toshiba 46HM84 (46" DLP), which will end up in whichever room we don't put the 65". By the way, that couch in the basement can be pushed back another 3 or 4 feet. Also, we are putting large designer speakers in the basement that are currently in storage.

The living room:

dscn1130ko6.th.jpg

dscn1132ng9.th.jpg

The basement:

dscn1133wr9.th.jpg

Edited by martymcfly

your lounge looks more comfortable and homely... i'd say rearrange the furniture in there so that the TV screen is either at right angles to the window or facing away from it...

that's what i'd do anyway...

or... paint all your walls black hehe

The problem with rearranging the furniture is as follows:

90 degrees to the right: There are also windows and a sliding door on the wall behind me in the first pic, so that would be shining right onto the TV.

180 degrees: Not ideal to have TV right in front of a window.

90 degrees to the left: Right in front of door leading to Jacuzzi - not good for electronics or accessibility.

well since you have so many windows, and it looks like the lounge might be more of a social, active place with people going to/from jacuzzi and kitchen or w/e, maybe it might be better to put the large screen downstairs as andy suggested...

deck out the basement as a movie room, it's naturally easier to make darker, and also less prone to interruptions and sound interference...

once you've got the big tv down there and some decent speakers, it could be a wicked place to watch a movie or sports event and let the rest of the house activities go on upstairs and not spoil the entertainment :)

well since you have so many windows, and it looks like the lounge might be more of a social, active place with people going to/from jacuzzi and kitchen or w/e, maybe it might be better to put the large screen downstairs as andy suggested...

deck out the basement as a movie room, it's naturally easier to make darker, and also less prone to interruptions and sound interference...

once you've got the big tv down there and some decent speakers, it could be a wicked place to watch a movie or sports event and let the rest of the house activities go on upstairs and not spoil the entertainment :)

Couldn't had said it better myself!

I love the decoration of your living room :)

.. I don't know if I can say the same about your dog... :P

Guest Fried_fry

Get blinds and put it in your living room IMO.

I would suggest the same or do like others are saying and setup a theater like place in your basement