Hdtv For Monitor (hdtv Ready?)

Ummm...Don't knock it 'till ya try it.

And it all matters on how far you view it from. Size literally has no presidence, it's all distance.

I've tried it, multiple times, thanks. Not to brag, but I own a 37" 720p LCD, 720p 3LCD projector, and a 1080p DLP projector. I've compared 720p and 1080p.

Let me know when you get around to comparing a 720p and 1080p on a 63" vs 720p and 1080p on a 37". The difference is staggering on a 63", but is almost minute on a 37". Obviously viewing distance plays a role, but 1080 lines on a 37" is only going to look marginally better.

Fact is, it's totally unnecessary for anything below 50". They're only slapping them on anything less to drive sales, because 1080p and "Full HD" (kind of impossible since the resolution doesnt stop there) are buzzwords since the past year+ due to HD-DVD/Blu Ray. But hey, it's your money.

I've tried it, multiple times, thanks. Not to brag, but I own a 37" 720p LCD, 720p 3LCD projector, and a 1080p DLP projector. I've compared 720p and 1080p.

Let me know when you get around to comparing a 720p and 1080p on a 63" vs 720p and 1080p on a 37". The difference is staggering on a 63", but is almost minute on a 37". Obviously viewing distance plays a role, but 1080 lines on a 37" is only going to look marginally better.

Fact is, it's totally unnecessary for anything below 50". They're only slapping them on anything less to drive sales, because 1080p and "Full HD" (kind of impossible since the resolution doesnt stop there) are buzzwords since the past year+ due to HD-DVD/Blu Ray. But hey, it's your money.

What do you use for your computer?

And again, it's all distance. Were you viewing the 37" and 63" from the same distance? If so...Duh.