Andrewr05

Name That Car!

That dude has got to be mental to go to the trouble of restoring it to not put the pinstripe....

What year you hoping for? I assume the SS coupe...

My first project car will be quite cheap to buy hopefully, a Datsun 200b purely for that SSS coupe body, I kinda love them. I hope I will be bolting in the running gear from a R31 skyline if I can pick it up too.

Well the one I found was a '71 and it was in pretty good condition, but it turns out to be an automatic so maybe not...unless it's pretty easy to modify an automatic body to a manual?

I don't really care what it originally was tbh, probably not SS since they're generally overpriced anyways and I'm not gonna get the engine. I think I'll wind up painting it like one of the old Yenkos, I had my eye on this particular paintjob...

69yenko02.jpg

EDIT: Oh and Lord_Guy can go ahead and post his next car unless you want to go again stoner since you got the right package. Technically speaking the Cosworths were quite a different car from the standard Vega's.

Edited by Locutus

Well the one I found was a '71 and it was in pretty good condition, but it turns out to be an automatic so maybe not...unless it's pretty easy to modify an automatic body to a manual?

I don't really care what it originally was tbh, probably not SS since they're generally overpriced anyways and I'm not gonna get the engine. I think I'll wind up painting it like one of the old Yenkos, I had my eye on this particular paintjob...

69yenko02.jpg

EDIT: Oh and Lord_Guy can go ahead and post his next car unless you want to go again stoner since you got the right package. Technically speaking the Cosworths were quite a different car from the standard Vega's.

Meh let lord guy :lol:

Very nice paint job true about the pricing on the AA. Going from auto to manual isnt too hard. There are worse things to change when restoring/ modifying. However I am not sure how much more it will cost to go auto to manual or actually just seek out the manual. The body doesnt really need to change and in these old cars everything is mounted to the floor. The one thing that will suck is not changing the shifter but adding the clutch. However if the car came in both auto and manual versions you should likely find a cutout and mounting points ect for the clutch pedal.

Meh let lord guy :lol:

Very nice paint job true about the pricing on the AA. Going from auto to manual isnt too hard. There are worse things to change when restoring/ modifying. However I am not sure how much more it will cost to go auto to manual or actually just seek out the manual. The body doesnt really need to change and in these old cars everything is mounted to the floor. The one thing that will suck is not changing the shifter but adding the clutch. However if the car came in both auto and manual versions you should likely find a cutout and mounting points ect for the clutch pedal.

By the time I have the money this car will be gone and I'll be looking more thoroughly for a body. :happy:

One of my favourites, your go

Let me know when you got one tho :P

6440421667_6c1f662e88.jpg

Just a little something sitting out the back at work, thinking maybe I should ask the owner if I could buy it for a project car. Then I remember I am limited by stupid probationary driver laws, so I won't be allowed to drive it for another 3 years if I did buy it :glare:

Should be a fairly easy one.

The belvedere gtx, why not the hemi cuda much better engine at the same age 68-9ish although convertible didn't come till early 70s for the cuda and then it wasn't as nice looking as the late 60s coupes or the belvedere convertible.

I found this post appropriate considering that a friend sent me the following email.

50's Car Test

Alright you young & older whipper-snappers, let’s see how you do. Be honest with yourself….no cheating. See how you do.

The average score is 73%

This will really rattle the cobwebs in the 'ol brain.

1050's carrs