Upcoming Core2?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well AMD does have their upcoming K8L chip coming out, but not anytime soon I think (correct me if I am wrong). But then again it is your choice if you want to wait for it to come out.

Bah, K8L. :glare: I remember during the big conroe vs. AMD debates all the fanboys were shouting how K8L would save AMD and how it was right around the corner. It's been how long since then, and still no info? I'll count on K8L when they anounce it. Until then, I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah I agree with you verran. :withstupid:

But like I was saying, don't bother even waiting. Get a good Core 2 setup right now, overclock the baby and you will be happy with your setup, and thats a promise ;)

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what about the E4300, due to be released at the end of Jan. I read it was intended to be the budget version, like celerons but i was wondering if anyone plans on getting one and if they will be a crap as celerons or just a good as a normal E6300?

And btw, yeah i will oc the balls off it. I saw someone get a benchmark which was better than a FX-62 so if i can get that i will be over the moon :)

p.s, that is kinda what the title was about lol

Edited by Comp Dude2

Bah, K8L. :glare: I remember during the big conroe vs. AMD debates all the fanboys were shouting how K8L would save AMD and how it was right around the corner. It's been how long since then, and still no info? I'll count on K8L when they anounce it. Until then, I'm not holding my breath.

Well I don't know about others, but I made sure to always state that K8L wouldn't be out until 1Q07 the earliest.

If you want a new rig before the end of the year, then I'd get a Conroe, but if you're not in a rush (which it seems like you're not since you're talking about waiting for the E4300), I'd at least wait until their are benches/reviews on K8L, which should hopefully be before the end of the year.

Considering how far ahead AMD was in gaming before Conroe, you have to hand to Intel for retaking the lead, but it wasn't as substantial a lead as I would have hoped and guessed, esp. looking at the increase in peformance elsewhere. And you should also realize that Conroe is a generation after AMD's current chips. K8L was always supposed to be the competition (65nm vs. 65nm), not AM2 as noobs seemed to claim.

If you're a gamer, I'd wait for the benches to see if AMD can reclaim the lead because Intel didn't surpass AMD by too much in that department. If you're not a gamer though, then go with Conroe, because their lead is much greater in business apps and such.

That's my two cents.