Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

News: "nintendo Thumb" Replaced With Full-body Wii Injuries

DailyTech Article

OCC News Post

A generation after "Nintendo Thumb" became the popular ailment among young gamers, Nintendo's new Wii console has quickly - and painfully - ushered in a new series of aches, pains, and general malease.

The Wall Street Journal, and postings all over the Internet, are reporting that a large number of Wii players are getting a decent workout from swinging the Wii's motion-sensitive controller around their living rooms, and paying the price the next day. Given that the included Wii Sports with the console encourages players to mimic the motions of real athletes, it's not surprising that players would "hurt" themselves in similar fashions - sore backs from bobbing and weaving in boxing, aching shoulders from playing baseball, and of course, tennis elbow.

Rochester, Minnesota resident Jeremy Scherer found himself "using muscles I hadn't used in a while" during a three-hour session of Wii Sports with his wife. Thankfully Mr. Scherer's wife fared better than the fianc

"This just in. Video game junkies across America find themselves sore after minimal exercise as their muscles awaken from years of atrophy. No news as to how this has affected their pale skin. More at eleven."

No problem with that a little workout doesn't hurt anyone.

People getting hurt while playing co-op with Wii is what I had expected seeing as you have to move a lot and might run into another player.

HUH?

What?

I'm sorry I cant hear you I'm out of breath from scrolling too much...

They've combined exercise and gaming. Life is good.

hahaha, that has to be one of the funniest sentences ever to be posted on OCC, I rofled so hard at this!

but yea, considerng some of the fat people that play wii, this is good (and funny) :lol:

"This just in. Video game junkies across America find themselves sore after minimal exercise as their muscles awaken from years of atrophy. No news as to how this has affected their pale skin. More at eleven."

:withstupid: I predicted exactly this a year ago. Nobody should be surprised when a bunch of fatasses get sore from minimal movement of their appendages. Years of lifting pizza and devil dogs from their plate to their mouth isn't much of a workout, nor is getting up to get more out of the fridge.

hehhehehe man I just love my wii

Do you play with your Wii every night? Edited by Andrewr05