Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one ccokeman, but that is using a E6600, i was thinking along the lines of an E6300. I know it will do 2.4 without too much hassle i just wanted to know how to get it any further without risking too much as this will also be my first time ocing lol.

Wow, is 68c reasonable for CPU temperature? I thought that 60 was the upper limit. Then again, I have no true OC experience. If it is, what would a max safe temp be for long term usage? Is this just to see how far you can push the chip and that you guys actually run games at lower speeds?

375x8 on my rig right now. 3.0Ghz. Ram on 5:6 so it's OCZ ddr2-800 at ddr2-900. So far so good. Gonna keep pushin it before I start a bunch of stability benches. Will keep on goin.

I will need some screenshots for that! But nice results anyways

Not that i would acuse someone of cheating but 3.2 just looked pretty good on air lol. But if ziggy is using air i want that HSF lol, that would be an amazing clock.

I was having a joke mate, 3.2 on a E6300 is very nice on air!

Wow, is 68c reasonable for CPU temperature? I thought that 60 was the upper limit. Then again, I have no true OC experience. If it is, what would a max safe temp be for long term usage? Is this just to see how far you can push the chip and that you guys actually run games at lower speeds?

68C load or ilde? if load, kind of high, if idle, WAY TOO HIGH!

To the second question, it really depends, I had my 3700+ @ 2.92 for everyday use, some people only overclock for this competition, it totally depends on the user

68c loaded does seem high but as screwy as abits temp reporting has been in the past i really dont know how accurate it really is. Core temp is supposed to read more accurately but who really knows. That was also in an 82f room. Right now dual folding i run 52 to 55c. These chips also run HOT. Thats after 3 mounting attemps all with the same result. When you see load temps on water in the 50's there is definately some heat being generated. I'm using the TTbig typhoon for cooling and have a Tuniq Tower on the way for Xmas So i will see what i get with it. But its not crapping wu's so i'll run with it.

I'm letting settle in for a bit till the new cooling arrives and i can figure out how to get stable over 400fsb. It's not a memory problem just an Abit and 975 chipset thing. I can boot and run benches over 400fsb with 1.475vcore but no matter what it wont go orthos stable over or at 400.