Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

crusader, we believe you if you say you ran them 4 at once.

This is a competition for the socket 775, no matter what CPU you have. The 939 competition is also for all 939's, whether its a 3000+ Winchester or a 4000+ San Diego, it all goes in there!

edited first post, nice clocks everyone! *goes to bed*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter about the Quad, as I will most definitely be using my955EE, 4.2 was accomplished in about 15 minutes of OCing, now I just have to find those retaining screws for their waterblock. I should get another 939 board and put my Opty 175 in my wifes PC and get that one in the 939 competition.

Woot woot, OCing goodness.

for people who are wondering. I'm using a scythe ninja with a 120mm exhaust fan on the case directly pulling air out and a 120mm actively cooling it thats pushing about 80cfm. The chip is only at 1.4v but my other parts are limiting it. My board doesn't handle micron memory too well. I have a feeling with a different board i can get this thing past 3.5ghz on air.

need to find a way to get over 1700 fbs... *thinks*

any way guys im off to the alps. Hope you all beat my clocks befor firday. :D good luck to you all

3.8ghz woop

Yikes! 1.72v (poof) do I smell burnt toast? In all the conroe OC databases I have seen I have never seen anyone go over 1.7v. Further, I have only seen 1.7 one other time. You might be playing with fire there.

Use this as a reference link

Not that I'm telling you what to do, it's your hardware.

@kingdingeling - oh, well I guess that eliminates me, getting to run 4 cores at 3.656 was hard enough, maybe I should disable 3 of my cores, but that wouldn't make me any faster, just a higher clock speed. For that matter I should be OCing my 955EE it's gone over 4GHz no problem.

:withstupid: a half volt of extra juice... yeah... That cpu won't last long @ 1.7v, heh, I'm scared at 1.5v :P