Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your "outdoor benches" link doesnt work, I want to see the photo that I'm sure was there :D

Huh, it's working just fine for me.

EDIT###

Ah, I know why now. That forum is hidden unless you're a Forum Warz competitor... Here's the pic:

ryan001.jpg

It's of me wearing my wife's purple gloves and scarf. She thought it was rather funny :P

It's official... I've got the OC bug for the first time in a LONG time. :)

Honestly, I can't believe I got this one. I ran OCCT 1hr at 4350 on a long shot, and it PASSED! So I figured I'd press my luck and watch 4400 crash and burn just to say I tried. Turns out, that one passed too! B:)

e7400occt1hr4400.jpg

4450 bombed in about 5 minutes, but I wasn't too surprised there :)

Did you buy a dewar now?

Nope I am not paying that kind of money for one, putting it in a Styrofoam ice chest in back of the truck. I will have everything ready and when I get back with the LN2 start benching. I called them again and said I need to speak to someone about LN2 and I need 10 or 15 liters what can I transport it in, they said a Styrofoam ice chest...

Nope I am not paying that kind of money for one, putting it in a Styrofoam ice chest in back of the truck. I will have everything ready and when I get back with the LN2 start benching. I called them again and said I need to speak to someone about LN2 and I need 10 or 15 liters what can I transport it in, they said a Styrofoam ice chest...

Sounds like you are good to go! Looking forward to the results!

Sounds like you are good to go! Looking forward to the results!

I went and got 21 pounds of LN2 for $23.00, I dont know what happen I booted up at 5250 at about -70c is what I had it running on the phase change. I increased it to 5400 and it booted, then 5500 and it would not boot and I could never get it to come on again, cleared cmos and same thing nothing. I took it all apart thinking I must have killed something, hooked it up with a stock cooler and went into the bios. I will give it another try tomorrow. It got cold I keep poring thinking I would get it to boot back up, I saw -148 or 151 before I quit pouring and unhooked everything...

I went and got 21 pounds of LN2 for $23.00, I dont know what happen I booted up at 5250 at about -70c is what I had it running on the phase change. I increased it to 5400 and it booted, then 5500 and it would not boot and I could never get it to come on again, cleared cmos and same thing nothing. I took it all apart thinking I must have killed something, hooked it up with a stock cooler and went into the bios. I will give it another try tomorrow. It got cold I keep poring thinking I would get it to boot back up, I saw -148 or 151 before I quit pouring and unhooked everything...

What is your set up? Looks like one of your parts has a cold bug. You will have to find out exactly where the max is before the lights go out!

What is your set up? Looks like one of your parts has a cold bug. You will have to find out exactly where the max is before the lights go out!

Its the EP45 UD3P and a E8600, I was thinking the same thing so I kept trying to boot it until I saw frost or ice starting to turn to water on frozen parts of the MB outside the insulated area. I unplugged it not to take any chances.

Edit: Sorry its the EP45T UD3P, Corsair Dominater RAM cas 8 1600. Went ahead and bought a 20l dewar, it did not last long in the ice chest...

Some outdoor benches from last night. :)

I'm on to you now, lol

Getting new fans next week, if the temps are cold here, sure they will be in MI, lol. I'll step outside and give this Q9650 some juice.

I dont think I will have as pretty of pictures and colorful scarf and mittens though, lol.

Edited by SpeedEuphoria