So What'd You Get?

Kamikaze_Badger

picked up the 19" Samsung widescreen LCD from BestBuy

i got the 22in lcd monitor from best buy, talk about an upgrade from a 15inch crt haha

Yeah... so I talked to my parents and they told me that no one was going to camp out at Best Buy for that monitor because it wasn't even a good deal, so we decided to get there at about 4:45 about 15 minutes early... so my mom went to one Best Buy and my dad and I went to another... ten minutes before we got to the best buy my mom called to say there was a line going around the building before you could get in... so we got to the one we were going to and the line went by the building snaking, snaking through the parking lot, and down the street about a block... AHH! So needless to say I didn't get that 22" monitor I wanted, and I was too pissed off to even try to look for that Samsung. :( Oh well, next year. Oh, and I'm still running on my 15" CRT, haha, so I'm hoping Christmas is good to me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl. You have to get there the night before if you want any of the big ticket items.

BestBuy (Clackamas/Portland) did mess up with their voucher system, they had around 30~ of each, so the first 30 people got the big ticket item vouchers and then sold them.

clay you're going to see a LOT of new samsung and toshiba products in strange places.

they merged incase you didn't know. the bigger name in the market generally gets to keep thier name on stuff. however there are a few markets one of them kept clear of and the other was crushed in, so the logical step was to put the other name in the market and try again. Toshiba's digital cameras sucked, so they're remarked as samsungs... no a good idea if you ask me.

clay you're going to see a LOT of new samsung and toshiba products in strange places.

they merged incase you didn't know. the bigger name in the market generally gets to keep thier name on stuff. however there are a few markets one of them kept clear of and the other was crushed in, so the logical step was to put the other name in the market and try again. Toshiba's digital cameras sucked, so they're remarked as samsungs... no a good idea if you ask me.

ah, interesting. Well I love Samsung LCD's, their optical drives that I've used work fine, and I like their cell phones, though I've never used one. Maybe one day when I'm in Best Buy I'll play around with a few of the Samsung digcams. I'm not really in the market for a new one anyways...even though I've got a measley 3mp Nikon, I don't use it nearly as much as I used to.

Thanks for the info :)

Have you messed around with that camera yet? I like Samsung products but have never seen one of their cameras before. They're started popping up in every circular though, so I've been curious as to their quality, compared to say, Nikon and Canon (who I consider the leaders in the digcam market).

I've used it a decent amount in the 24 hours that I've had it. Heres a link to it.

I like for the different modes it doesnt have a wheel thingy that you turn, instead it has a button on the top that you press and then use the arrow buttons to switch to different modes. I used to have a Canon A40 and that had the wheel and it always got moved then it was all messed up when I went to go take a picture, now that wont happen anymore. I also like how it has an effects button and I can change any picture that I've taking into B&W, Sepia, Red, Green, Blue, Negative, or Normal. It does all that on the camera, not necessary but a pretty nifty feature.

Canons newer cameras have the zoom button up around the shutter button and I hate that and that is why I never bought one. This one has it the old way on the back of the camera, the way I like it.

It also has 3x optical zoom and then some digital. I like the big 2.4 inch LCD on the back too, much better than Canon A40 which was like an inch and a half or so.

So far the pictures seem to becoming out pretty good, not the best but I'm comparing them to some that I've shot with my Canon Rebel XT. It goes all the way up to 2560x1920, which is nice (Old camera only did around 1024x768). It takes SD cards and at the highest settings you can get around 350 pictures on a 1gb card and on the lowest settings (640x480) around 8000 pictures.

So far its holding up pretty good, we'll see how it ends up in a couple of weeks or so. I almost went for one at Circuit City but I realized that it was all digital zoom, so I switched what store I was going to at the last minute.

mhh, dunno bout samsung and toshiba, but Panasonic makes awesome cameras!

AHHHHHHHH NOOOOO. the horror of that company!

parents met working in a panasonic repair shop. always told me growing up NOT to mess with anything panasonic. and ya know what they've been right most of the time. of course panasonic includes 2 companies the computer crowd knows... matsushita and creative labs (though they only own 25% of CL now)

matushita electric is the company behind the following brands:

panasonic

national

jvc

technics

it's the largest consumer electronics company in the world...

i've always been very happy with panasonic portable audio and still have a cassette and cd player that both work as well as when they were new (which was AGES ago now)

technics i have a lot of, and that is absolutely bomb-proof, i think it will outlast anything i own...

that said... panasonic wouldn't be on my list of brands to check out for a camera

matushita electric is the company behind the following brands:

panasonic

national

jvc

technics

it's the largest consumer electronics company in the world...

i've always been very happy with panasonic portable audio and still have a cassette and cd player that both work as well as when they were new (which was AGES ago now)

technics i have a lot of, and that is absolutely bomb-proof, i think it will outlast anything i own...

that said... panasonic wouldn't be on my list of brands to check out for a camera

Holy crap, are you kidding me??? Panasonic always suck in terms of quality in both manufacture build and ESPECIALLY audio (sounding headphones, even AIWA beat the living snot out of them in that area)

I had a standalone DVD Player die in months and a VCR that gave up in a couple of weeks.

Their batteries just plainly suck. They suck period :angry2: I can't believe I wasted my time with them. I was thinking in investing in a Plasma TV that's from panasonic, but thank God there's Samsung.

Edited by silkster