5400 Rpm Vs 7200

Tony_Toughnuts

i currenlty have a 40 gig 5400 rpm western digital caviar =)

will i notice if i go to a 120 gig 7200 rpm

of course ill notice the 3x increase in size :)

but will the speed be quicker? also

thanks so much

I'd have to say you'd see a difference if you had two 40 GB drives both full, one at 5400 and the other at 7200... but you might see a difference during program installs and things of that nature.

Actually

I had a 5200 rpm 30 seagate and man did it use to get a flogging with somestimes bad lagg when the disk is running several programs or when the drive was nearly full.

But with my new WD 60 gig 7200 you can notice the read and write is alot faster and especially when your using a 54000 to as your primary ide drive.

So it does make a difference....

i had a 7200 40 gig for a while and when i got my 120 gig 7200 i noticed a big difference in install and program starting speeds, buts thats probably from the huge 8 mg. cache, make sure you get the 8 mg. cache, theres nothin better. :D

mxrider623 Posted on Mar 29 2003, 12:03 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah I heard some HDD company I forget which one is coming out with a 10000 RPM HDD now thats fast!

Havent Seagate bought out a 10000 RPM Cheetah HDD???

• 3 weeks later...

I had an old 10 gig 5400, then put in another 80gig WD 7200rpm, I just put everything onto it anyway but didn't notice much of a difference apart from space. I don't use the 10 gig one for anything anymore.

• 3 weeks later...